Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you let someone test ride your bike
Sure, I got full coverage!
2.58%
Depends... If I felt I could trust him with my significant other
30.32%
The only person that can solo my baby is my significant other
8.39%
"**** NO!" can't convey my emotions properly
58.71%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Borrow your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A random co-worker, SHYT NO! I work with a bunch lazy IT geeks that have nothing better to do than find out what the latest Google invention is. There is only 1 person I trust enough to ride my F2 without me near by and he is laid up in the hospital after wrecking his Buell 1125R. He has back surgery later today, Friday.

Old 03-05-2010, 01:14 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I was putting around on a 125 then 250, yeah, I wasn't too apprehensive about letting someone put them around the block because, hey... how much trouble could you really get into with those bikes? I've changed my mind since upgrading...

Old 03-05-2010, 06:50 PM
June 2009 ROTM

Originally Posted by raylee
When I was putting around on a 125 then 250, yeah,
Same here. No way anyone is getting on my 1000 unless they pay for it first With my quick turn throttle and gearing that thing takes a steady wrist and a lot of self control to keep the front down or the rear from spinning up.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a big negative!

Old 03-21-2010, 03:21 PM

only other person to ride my bike is my best friend/roommate/almost brother who also rides but he has a harley. random dude? **** no. a friend who just wants to see what its like? negative brother maybe after youre endorsed and i know you can handle a bike.

my bike isnt expensive but by god its mine and if someone else were to mess it up i would be devastated. id rather not even chance it.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:29 PM
July 2008 ROTM

There's a lot of people in my riding group that I would easily let them hop on and take it for a spin. But a random situation like that, no chance.

Old 03-22-2010, 08:43 AM

I put yes 'cause my bike is not new. i only paid 2 for it (for good reason) I'm too nice I've let people take my bike for a weekend before (my old Katana) but still. if they drop it they will fix it.......or ill kill em', doesn't matter much to me.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:13 AM

Ive got people coming up to me all the time when I ride to school asking if they can take it out. I used to be cool with people sitting on it if the want to, but after a good friend dropped it standing still, nobodys *** but mine sees that seat.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

maineiack, there isn't a chancer of me delivering the proverbial snowball to Hell so we could measure its miniscule chance that I'd let someone take my bike for a whole weekend. I don't want people posing on it when its stationary and on its stands. No way, no how my bike would be out of my sights for a whole weekend!

And while you're a nice guy and all I highly suggest you consider your liability were something to happen. Since its your bike, in the end you could be assuming some financial liability beyond insurance. Or especially if something were to happen due to a malfunction (you being responsible for maintaining the bike's condition). Won't even go into them getting a ticket and you having to pay it (traffic light / toll cams) or being held as an accessory should they commit a crime using your bike...

Old 03-22-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
And while you're a nice guy and all I highly suggest you consider your liability were something to happen. Since its your bike, in the end you could be assuming some financial liability beyond insurance. Or especially if something were to happen due to a malfunction (you being responsible for maintaining the bike's condition). Won't even go into them getting a ticket and you having to pay it (traffic light / toll cams) or being held as an accessory should they commit a crime using your bike...
if they cant prove it was you riding they have to drop it simple as that, a guy in Arizona i think got almost 10k in speeding tickets, but was wearing a mask, they ended up dropping all of the tickets

and my gf bought my ninja 500 i rode for 5k miles last summer and she wont let me ride it now haha, a

nd i have 2 good friends i always ride with, one guy crashed his bike had no way to get around, other friend lent him his bike, well friend 1 dropped the bike, and ive heard he was trying to wheelie, but he fixed it, just took 6 months, friend 2 def wont let him ride it now...

Quick Reply: Borrow your bike?