Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: Would you let someone test ride your bike
Sure, I got full coverage!
2.58%
Depends... If I felt I could trust him with my significant other
30.32%
The only person that can solo my baby is my significant other
8.39%
"**** NO!" can't convey my emotions properly
58.71%
Voters: 155. You may not vote on this poll

Borrow your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now ......that is the joke du jour ....... lmao

Old 03-27-2010, 11:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Only one that will touch mine is my brother, and i bought it from him so he has ridden it before, i dont let anyone touch my cars, trucks etc. Its just asking to have your stuff torn up, my sledding buddy has ridden my mountain cat, but i trust him and i was on his brand new vohk m1000 that cost about 8times what mine did while he was on mine!

Old 03-28-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Lol this girl I just started dating wants me to teach her how to ride on my bike. (Um... NO) She has never ridden on two wheels and doesn't know how to use a clutch. So yea.... that's going nowhere fast....
Years ago I thought I would teach my girlfriend to ride and took her to a empty mall parking lot. If you would like I can send you of a photo of what she did when she can back and forgot to pull in the clutch and dropped it right in front of me.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Indiana Hurricane
Years ago I thought I would teach my girlfriend to ride and took her to a empty mall parking lot. If you would like I can send you of a photo of what she did when she can back and forgot to pull in the clutch and dropped it right in front of me.
Yea, I fully intend to not teach her how to ride my bike. I'm going to let her ride my 250r atv to get a feel for clutching and whatnot and if she wants to do the MSF thing I'd be up for looking for an old 250 for her to tool around on and get comfy. I think it's a passing interest and for now I'm not going to go out of my way to put her on two wheels. The thought of her panicking and losing control of my bike and going down just makes me sick to my stomach... I'll pass on pics lol... I'm sure it's exactly the scenario I am dreading.

Old 04-03-2010, 03:59 AM
Official Welcome Crew Spicy Cat
Old 04-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So yea.... that's going nowhere fast....
Or going somewhere bad.... very fast....LOL..

Old 04-09-2010, 08:03 PM

i have a guy at work that keeps asking to borrow my bike. not a chance in hell. or any one for that matter besides my girlfriend. i find it funny my girlfriend (rides '02 F4i) has had many guys at work offer to let her ride their bikes... wtf. they never offered to let me ride...

so would you be more willing to let a fellow biker chick take your ride for a spin?

Old 04-13-2010, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by usetheffours
so would you be more willing to let a fellow biker chick take your ride for a spin?
Call me sexist, but women drivers in general make me paranoid. Sitting passenger with my gf driving is the most nerve-wracking experience I know of. It's not worth risking my bike or her well-being to get in her good graces..

Short answer, no.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:28 AM

RE: traffic cams: In IL the precedent is "If you loaned your vehicle to someone, you are responsible for ensuring that they are a safe driver. If they get a cam ticket, we're charging YOU, and you can go collect from your buddy."

The upside is its not a moving violation (though they're pushing to change that).

Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by chuckbear
Call me sexist, but women drivers in general make me paranoid.

I'm gonna go with a +1 on the sexism, here, just from personal experience (which is how we all view the world). If some driver pulls some crazy crap with me, I like to pull up next to them at the light when possible and tap on their window (like in their lane), have a little chit chat. I have never, ever had this person not be a woman. I have also terrified the crap out of some of them, and probably had them phone me in as a rapist on a motorcycle.

Like I said, just personal experience, but now I have this subconscious thing about giving women drivers a wide berth. :/

Quick Reply: Borrow your bike?