Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:36 PM
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

That, I dont know.

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:40 PM

Wait, so we're the seventh biggest automotive forum that they have with almost 13,000 members, but can't get a damn upgrade? WTF?

LOL-I bet mustangforums doesn't have that problem.

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:45 PM
|
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC

It just seems like it was a waste of time and resources.. maybe that time could have been spent putting a new banner up?

imo.. i hope disagreeing with you mods doesnt make me "part of the problem" just putting in my .02

Okie, your disagreeing with mods does not make you a problem at all. If you disagree just because it makes you feel better to disagree with mods, then thats different, but I'm sure that is not your intention and you genuinely may disagree for now. The problem however is when a post is made such as *lame* or *special* etc.. with little to no insight on why you think that way or what you think the solution may be or even why you may think there isn*t a problem that needs solving to begin with is when it does not contribute to this thread in any way. You get where I*m going with this? I have no problem with anyone disagreeing, but post why u disagree .. those lame one word posts don*t solve, help, or do anything other than show that none of what was trying to get done got across.

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:52 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

So KB just as a point of reference, saying your post sucks and so do you, is not really a good post

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:53 PM

Ammendment..

*Special*

Reasoning -I think that there are at least a few things the mods could have been doing other than creating "Days of Our Lives" style drama on the Forum to prove a point. Now if it was done for the creators entertainment then thats acceptable, but shouldnt be shrouded in a curtain of "poopy" to make all the members believe that it was done for the good of the forum.

Seems like a govt job with all this counterintelligence.. no it wasnt a UFO it was a special new military aircraft that we are developing to protect you.. hehe..

Hope that helps explain my point of view, and show that I am not disagreeing just for thehellof it..

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:59 PM
Registered Users

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

So KB just as a point of reference, saying your post sucks and so do you, is not really a good post
see Teek, this is why you can't go....

so here's something...like...totally totally deep....bear with me....feel free to disagree as well...

for those that think it didn't do anything....and are explaining why and what you think needs to be done and your view on the board....

THIS...right HERE...right NOW...is the most sane discussion on the state of our board for a long time...and it's not arguing, it's actually discussing things....whether you believe it or not that it helped...it got EVERYONE talking...for better for worse....

it's almost like there is no such thing as bad publicity....yes...for some it may hit home right away...for others, you may discuss with everyone and we can come to an understanding....either way....

we are all talking seriously...mods, members, new, old....everyone is putting in their piece to some degree, love it or hate it....at the very least....everyone (those who care at least) is getting out their thoughts and i am sure even if the mods don't agree, they appreciate the input and it gives them a better understanding of the members position....

and this is all happening WITHOUT going bonkers and actually banning members and locking threads....like i said, if you don't think it worked at all....no one would be talking about it...the purpose was to get people to realize things and be aware for good or for bad...and i think that is happening...

just my .02

btw...go vote for ROTM

Old 10-30-2008 | 03:06 PM
Retired Moderator

Here is my opinion on the matter:

We tried to be creative, play a funny joke, and have a little bit of a lesson in the meantime. I thought this forum had a sense of humor. I thought the members here could laugh at themselves...I laugh at myself on a regular basis. I havemet a lot of people on here that I am proud to call friends...even though I have never met them in real life. There are times I have come on here to dump because I felt bummed in real life, and members of this forum have made me feel better. If what we did as a prank with a moral at the end gets interpreted us as being a bunch of dicks and playing a joke to be mean and humiliate our forum members, then maybe this is not the place I thought it was. Maybe my expectations are too high. For a little while I will busy myself with the business of this forum. If you have any technical questions about anything, hit me up. If another member is bothering you, hit me up. If you want to vote for ROTM, hit me up. Other than that...I will busy myself with the business of this forum, and will not be responding to PM's. Business ONLY, please. Making sure the rules are followed can be done without humor and a personal touch. Thank you.

Old 10-30-2008 | 03:09 PM
|
Retired Moderator

TK, only if you can show evidence of alleged suckiness to back up your highly sensationalistic propagandist accusation .. otherwise you*re on suspension [8D]

ORIGINAL: OKIEZAC
Reasoning - I think that there are at least a few things the mods could have been doing other than creating "Days of Our Lives" style drama on the Forum to prove a point. Now if it was done for the creators entertainment then thats acceptable, but shouldnt be shrouded in a curtain of "poopy" to make all the members believe that it was done for the good of the forum.

Seems like a govt job with all this counterintelligence.. no it wasnt a UFO it was a special new military aircraft that we are developing to protect you.. hehe..

Hope that helps explain my point of view, and show that I am not disagreeing just for the hell of it..
Thanks for 'splainin Okie. Read voodoo*s post a few pages back regarding conspiracy theories. For several months we have done everything short of beating a redheaded step child. We have joked, preached, etc.. and not one thing has changed. If you have a better solution than trying to do it with some humor (not everyone*s ever going to agree on what is funny and what isn*t) then we*re all ears and ready to hear it. You guys are always asking for ways to change things and you*ve got all the mods and admins in one thread at your disposal, don*t squander it with unintelligent responses or attacks (not saying you are, just saying don*t). What is good for the forum is not always going to be immediately evident. It got you talking about it in a real way didn*t it? Do you think another preaching post as a sticky would have done that? If there was one single plan that would work for every single person short of just pulling out axeman to do his thing, then we would have done it. We thought this was the next best thing and stick by it.

Old 10-30-2008 | 03:22 PM

I'm really sorry the humor attached to the lesson was lost on some people. I enjoyed and benefited from it.

Old 10-30-2008 | 03:30 PM

ORIGINAL: madgreek

Wait, so we're the seventh biggest automotive forum that they have with almost 13,000 members, but can't get a damn upgrade? WTF?

LOL-I bet mustangforums doesn't have that problem.
the stats are not accurate, there is actually over 31,000 members here.

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: