Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 06:32 AM
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

^ If anything we needed something to ease up the tension around here. It was pretty funny once you look at it. I found it kinda entertaining. Honestly all of the drama kinda was since I wasn't involved in any of it. Yeah a few people came out of it a little frustrated.. but maybe itll help in the long run.

Old 10-30-2008 | 06:36 AM

I don't see it changing anything.... It's hard to see the moral of the story when someone keeps defending themselves about post counts because they can't control their flapper. Not to mention the tenstion it created between a few members that didn't know what was going on.

Old 10-30-2008 | 06:51 AM

Valid point, Fuze.

My question would be, what did you (the general public) take from this "lesson"?

I see it as they (the mods) want to have a little more harmony in the community and less bickering and insulting jabs unless it is completely clear that you are joking with the recipient. I think its important that you have a good report with the other person.

What would you have done differently?

Old 10-30-2008 | 06:58 AM

I don't know that i would have done it differently, as much as i just wouldn't have done it. If they want PW'ing to stop, ban the biggest post ***** and that will prove a point. If they want senseless fighting to stop, warn and ban if needed people that continually start fights. I think the ban hammer is going to be needed to prove any point. That's just my point of view though.

We got people that will PW it up all day for no other reason then, they like to hear themselves talk. What kind of sense does that make.

I got work, so unfortunately (fortunately) i can't sit infront of CBRForum all day. My 8 hours is calling.

Old 10-30-2008 | 09:41 AM
Registered Users

well...i just want to put this out there to everyone...

if anyone feels deceives by my part...i'm sorry....believe me that was not my intention to direct it at any one person....
to all the comments i made about mods and the like, i didn't mean it...(well maybe anything about doo-doo )...i truly value all you mods, thus the reason i agreed when asked...

and just so that you know....cantmang and i (i.e. the "banned ones")...it was hard tricking our friends, in fact he and i lamented about it over email during our time away....BUT, that being said, if you step back and look at the discussion as a result...people saying that i shouldn't have gotten banned, but then pointing out maybe i did go too far...then just contemplating the board and the friendships on the board....in my opinion, that discussion alone is a win....

for me that shows that this is more than a forum....i am not just some pixel on a screen...i think sometimes we need a reality check like that....with Blindin situation, we all felt that....hell we had almost every other motorcycle board around coming here shocked by the community...i think sometimes we lose sight of that....this was maybe a little more elaborate than some of you may have liked, but in the end, i think it will and has worked and further....at some point, will be looked back on as being pretty damned funny....

like i said...hope everyone is cool....

if not...PM...

Tony

Old 10-30-2008 | 09:43 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

ORIGINAL: fuze

I don't know that i would have done it differently, as much as i just wouldn't have done it. If they want PW'ing to stop, ban the biggest post ***** and that will prove a point. If they want senseless fighting to stop, warn and ban if needed people that continually start fights. I think the ban hammer is going to be needed to prove any point. That's just my point of view though.

We got people that will PW it up all day for no other reason then, they like to hear themselves talk. What kind of sense does that make.

I got work, so unfortunately (fortunately) i can't sit infront of CBRForum all day. My 8 hours is calling.
then everyone is just going to get pissed because we are being "*****'" and "why did *fill in the blank get banned*? *so and so* is a way bigger post *****" blah blah blah.

we did what we did, ya dont like it ... oh well, too bad so sad

ya'll want us to really stop the **** thats been happening fine. every thread i see that is post whoring intentionally ill either delete the persons post or just the thread in general. you post up that im being a **** we'll have you on mod approval. you wont get anything posted then . still want to find ways to complain we'll just ban ya for awhile... see how that goes. not very nice. i think the way we tried to handle the situation was appropriate for the setting.

Old 10-30-2008 | 09:57 AM

I stopped in to get some warm soup and let my toe's thaw out, its freakin COLD out there today !

I'm not starting anything. Woo asked me what i'd do different so i told him, and said it's just my point of view.. Im not bashing what happened, i said earlier i thought it was funny and you guys got me and everyone else pretty good.

The only point i was trying to make is PW'in hasnt stopped. Even this thread has been whored by the infamousClassic, he's got what, like15 posts in here alone mostly defending why heshould be allowed to *****... None of it really matters to me, so i will just keep my trap shut and let it play out on it's own.

You guys have a good day. And bundle up if your going out, it's freakin nippy !

Old 10-30-2008 | 09:57 AM

If this little play is to be taken that seriously then I must have given more credit than was due to some of the members here. Grow some testes (or whatever a girl grows that equivalent) and get over it.

Old 10-30-2008 | 10:12 AM

ORIGINAL: TheX

If this little play is to be taken that seriously then I must have given more credit than was due to some of the members here. Grow some testes (or whatever a girl grows that equivalent) and get over it.
Those would be known as ovaries lol

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: