Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:22 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

ORIGINAL: Nauree

They moved the post into the hidden moderators sections...which I have seen before!!
I wouldn't admit that in the open forum if I were you Even when the site was goofin on scripts it wouldn't allow non-staffers access.

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:26 PM
|
Retired Moderator

You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Those posting one word little quips thinking its hilarious, apparently you have not read much of anything about this in detail and missed the whole point. All are entitled to their opinion and if you have noticed, we have not censored anyones on this thread. Woo made a good post so how about replying with a solution or insight instead of just adding to the problem?

And to all those that saw the humor and point of it .. Thank You.

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:48 PM

What post counts mean to me = 0

I don't think that this play had the exact outcome you all wanted. It seemed to have raised more questions amongst some very solid members. I, personally, fully understand why you did it and what you were after...I felt that afterwards, before the hoax was let out, that a bunch of us were discussing things in that one thread, and I felt (as I'm sure they did as well) closer to them and we were all trying to make sense of what happened, it did seem to make us closer...but there was maybe a handful of us in there so it didn't get out to enough people maybe...idk... but after reading all this backlash it may have led to more questions than answers.

I still feel a little let down by the whole thing though. It may have been better if it wasn't a joke, I had the fear of god in me yesterday but now... I don't know, I feel indifferent by the whole thing. Tony has apologized as has VooDoo, and I realize that maybe I am not the type of member here that you did this play because of, but it did have a lasting effect on everyone, in one way or another. Good or bad, only time will tell.

What can we do to get the classified section out of the graveyard? I got lots of parts to sell now that my fork swap is almost done and I have to sell them on 600RR.net because no one even goes into the classifieds here, it seems. This site is a Honda site, but it's a forum of Honda riders from all over, and we talk much more than bikes here, and to me and guys like jaynd, TK and jd, that's the draw to this forum. It's why I stayed. I don't always have to know what size bolt holds on the bar ends and all that techy crap you find at 600RR, this site is much more than that and you guys, while enforcing the rules a little, should not detract from that. I'm not saying that is what is happening or how I feel about the outcome, it's just an observation I'd have of the fallout from the hoax.

This is how I feel about it all, it's kind of weird, crossed emotions...

You guys are all dicks. Yet it was a good one and somewhat funny in some ways, but not in every way. I also feel it was cruel in some ways. I could feel what TK felt and expressed in a way much better than I ever could, but I know what he means and feels by his recent posts. I also agree with Chain in that you can't please everyone, and I think time will ease the fallout and hopefully no one leaves this place because that was not the intentions at all.

When the hell are we getting new software? You cant even make subscriptions to threadsnow and it really needs to get done, and soon. That in its self would ease the new member issue, as I have told by mouth alot of riders to check out this forum, and some have, but almost all of them left because they say the software sucks and they can't deal with it.

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:30 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

You are either part of the problem or part of the solution. Those posting one word little quips thinking its hilarious, apparently you have not read much of anything about this in detail and missed the whole point. All are entitled to their opinion and if you have noticed, we have not censored anyones on this thread. Woo made a good post so how about replying with a solution or insight instead of just adding to the problem?

And to all those that saw the humor and point of it .. Thank You.

It just seems like it was a waste of time and resources.. maybe that time could have been spent putting a new banner up?

imo.. i hope disagreeing with you mods doesnt make me "part of the problem" just putting in my .02

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:36 PM
Retired Super Moderator

Once again, i'll let you know that mods have no access to technical issues regarding the site. No access to the setup, the banner, ANYTHING other than moving, editing, and deleting posts. For that matter, even the administrators have only limited access to things.

Honestly, if we were able to fix/upgrade/improve the site, WEWOULD.

If we were able to change the banner, WE WOULD.

And lastly, if we were able to force the owners of this site to upgrade it any faster, WE WOULD.

I want the upgrade as bad as anyone else. But in the meantime we're just tryin to make the best of what we have. At least we can post lolfor a while, that was impossible for most of us.

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:41 PM

Okie, you have no idea what you missed, buddy...lol

Iso, I'm just saying that the software problemshave more to do with new members staying and being active than any of the members on here that may havebeen the focus of the whole play. Us members that have been here for a while, are dealing with the software issues, but why would anyone new want to?

Old 10-30-2008 | 01:44 PM
Retired Super Moderator

i agree with you j...i was really replying to okie's comment that the time during the play could of been spent making a new banner.....

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:12 PM

Who exactly owns this site? I think itd be interesting to know a lil history and current information to who helped start the site and who is responsible for continuing our great Honda education.

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:25 PM

http://www.autoforumuniverse.com/cbr-forum/

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:28 PM

So theres no one guy that thought to create the CBR division?

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: