Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2008 | 09:24 PM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

ORIGINAL: TK954RR

Damn Voodoo, at least put some effort into your chop, the same people just flipped, weak [:'(]
I know, I know...sometimes Voodoo*s Chop Shop has some very weak employees that I have to fire...they are not the one*s doing your banner, however...

Old 10-29-2008 | 09:24 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

Thank god, oh yea you still owe me a PM

Old 10-29-2008 | 09:36 PM

You don't have to dominate every thread though... mate. Yar. [8D]

It's like your still egging the guy on, lets just let it go..

Old 10-29-2008 | 09:45 PM

i wish i read that whole other thread b4 this came out, the shock value would have been alot better.... i read the first few posts then a little later i came back and saw it was like 9 pgs n jsut assumed it was a PW type thread haha

One thing though.... i know this is a CBR forum though but some people value it for much more than jsut the bikes and the off topic is important. For example i sold my cbr for another manufacturer over a year ago but continue to post here because i feel that people have really great riding/bike/life advice to offer through the off topic as welll as the bike sections so im not sure why there is such a push to cut out non bike related topics so long as there still are bike related topics going?

Old 10-29-2008 | 10:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

im just pissed i wasnt asked to be a mole.....
Dang! +1 to that, brotha! [:@]

I thought I was important here! [&:]

Old 10-29-2008 | 10:26 PM
|
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: ynks4evr
One thing though.... i know this is a CBR forum though but some people value it for much more than jsut the bikes and the off topic is important. For example i sold my cbr for another manufacturer over a year ago but continue to post here because i feel that people have really great riding/bike/life advice to offer through the off topic as welll as the bike sections so im not sure why there is such a push to cut out non bike related topics so long as there still are bike related topics going?
PWing in certain threads *dedicated* for the purpose is one thing but as you will notice from most locked threads (including the one this one is based on) they can also be done in such a way that many get carried away and also many times in threads that PWing has on business being in. But the PWing is not the primary focus of all this, and I mean this respectfully (not demeaning or disrespect meant in any way), but I think you missed the primary objective .. as noted several times, please reread the initial thread in this post. If at that point you are still unclear that PWing is not the main target, I will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

Edit: Apparently close to midnite I get dyslexia: That was supposed to say "initial post in this thread" not "initial thread in this post"

Old 10-29-2008 | 10:34 PM

No one get pissed at me please. This is a serious non sarcastic question.

Why is everyone so soar about "post whoring"? I can see how it clutters some threads..But that doesn't seem like enough to cause all of this. Everyone says post count isnt important. But we all know people do like to have higher post counts..otherwise they wouldnt be post whoring. SOOO..Why is it so frowned upon?

Thanks.

Old 10-29-2008 | 10:47 PM

^ +1

No, but really. I don't get the whole problem with it either. I love the chatter.. little comments that people might add if they aren't afraid to be seen as a PW. It gives you more opportunity to add to a thread even if it's just a tiny comment and you don't really have a whole lot to say. Doesn't happen so much in the off topic section but in the Sights-n-Sounds you get a lot of little posts that seem more frowned upon in other forums. I can see a little comment being a problem in the general tech section where somebody has a question but things like ^+1.. I've seriously been wondering this also. And that's what I mean by putting that at the top there.

Old 10-29-2008 | 10:56 PM
|
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: jdschmidt

No one get pissed at me please. This is a serious non sarcastic question.

Why is everyone so soar about "post whoring"? I can see how it clutters some threads..But that doesn't seem like enough to cause all of this. Everyone says post count isnt important. But we all know people do like to have higher post counts..otherwise they wouldnt be post whoring. SOOO..Why is it so frowned upon?

Thanks.
Not pissed at all and glad you brought it up jd, here goes:
First, not sure if you read the post above yours or if you where typing yours as it was being posted, but again, squashing PWing is not the primary objective for this. But regardless of that, to answer your question more specifically; The reason most ALL motorcycle community forums frown upon excessive pwing is because usually, if not always, it leads to bickering if not checked a little from time to time. The primary purpose of this community is to create an environment where members can discuss and help each other on bike related topics. If some keep the PWing outside of those threads (and not derail threads with PWing in others) then there isnt much of a problem (although if PWing is all that is done here, it is not very valuable to the community as a whole .. hence what we mean by *Excessive*). Just posting pics, 4 word replies, and links with little to no input or help of any kind elsewhere is also considered PWing. There are PW forums totally dedicated to that purpose alone. We all PW from time to time, nothing wrong with that but when it*s done excessively (see this thread is based on for prime example) is when it becomes a problem.

Regarding your question about post counts; Ive been doing this many years (modded at other forums as well) and can tell you with 100% certainty that post counts are always a source of trouble .. I know and agree with you that its nice to know who posts here often but the problem is that it almost always leads to even more PWing .. many forums have done away with post counts altogether, or have made it only viewable by clicking the members profile for this very reason. Some have even gone so far as to give negative counts for "baiting" type posts. Meanwhile some have even made posts in any section not moto related (such as o/t) not show in your post counts. What I'm trying to say is that there is a reason many are going down this path, they wouldn't be doing it if it never caused any trouble. We have actually let it go much more than most and are paying for it now as a result. Does any of that make sense?

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: