Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 10:23 AM
Default RE: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF:

ORIGINAL: F4i_gurl

ORIGINAL: TheX

If this little play is to be taken that seriously then I must have given more credit than was due to some of the members here. Grow some testes (or whatever a girl grows that equivalent) and get over it.
Those would be known as ovaries lol
Cute.

Old 10-30-2008 | 10:35 AM

ORIGINAL: F4i_gurl

If this little play is to be taken that seriously then I must have given more credit than was due to some of the members here. Grow some testes (or whatever a girl grows that equivalent) and get over it.
Those would be known as ovaries lol
haha, thank you!

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:17 AM
Retired Moderator

I think there is still a lot of confusion...and PWing keeps coming up. Pwing, to me, is when someone adds to their post count by adding a plus one, or a smiley. A person with a high post count, who has a lot to say, and is vocal on the forum is not a post ***** to me. They either have a lot of time, or have a lot to say, or both. I have a retarded post count. I am on my computer all day at work (at the office or out doing sales calls), and I spend time on the computer at night rather than watch tv most of the time. Therefore, I have time to post, and post away I do, but it is not all comprised of three word responses. I was talking with Jason (Jaynd), and he made a great point. He said we could turn his post count back to zero and he wouldn't care. He is another example of a person that likes to chat.

I thought this was a valid attempt at humor with a lesson. In fact, I want to change my screen name to Aesop. The majority got the joke, but some think it was in poor taste. Chain alluded to the fact that we can't please everybody, and I guess we have to be satisfied with that. My opinion, prank or not, this is still the best place to come, and the closest community I have been involved with. If our prank makes you not want to come here anymore, to me, it is like country music...I just don't understand. Again, if you want to let off some steam, make suggestions, drop the F bomb on someone...I have room for your PM. Kewl said he will take all the really mean ones, though...

EDIT: I got to thinking about the rules. If you play within the rules...you can bend them. I learned that when I was a teenager. If you always play outside of the rules, you will always get spanked. Look at Rasheed Wallace, for example. He can't even raise an eyebrow without getting a technical foul called. Several years ago at work, my boss told us to quit goofing off so much, and we were all annoyed about it. He then said, if we wanted to play by corporate rules, we could have a ten minute break in the morning, an hour lunch, and a ten minute break in the afternoon. That was far less freedom than we were used to. Same thing here...mods can be huge f_cking arseholes 24/7 like some other forums, or we can agree to play within the limits with stretchy borders...

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:25 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN

ORIGINAL: fuze
I'm not starting anything. Woo asked me what i'd do different so i told him, and said it's just my point of view.. Im not bashing what happened, i said earlier i thought it was funny and you guys got me and everyone else pretty good.

The only point i was trying to make is PW'in hasnt stopped. Even this thread has been whored by the infamousClassic, he's got what, like15 posts in here alone mostly defending why heshould be allowed to *****... None of it really matters to me, so i will just keep my trap shut and let it play out on it's own.

Not trying to be snarky but the attitude you show towards Classic is part of the reason we went through all this. If you disagree with someone say so. If you just don't like them ignore them. If they flame or do something inappropriate get a member of the staff involved. But name calling and subtle flaming will not resolve anything and only creates bickering throughout the forum.

And in regards to Classic, hope I don't embarrass you dude (like that could even happen[8D]), he and my gang of welcome wagon participants have turned the new member section from a graveyard to a nice place. Our new members have a much higher post count now and are becoming active members. 3 months ago it was nothing to see a page full of new member posts with '0' by replies. I personally asked a few members to help out and they in turn recruited more members. Increasing your post count by welcoming new members is not post whoring ... quite the opposite.

So anyone who really is concerned by the size of their post count (I hear it doesn't matter to a girl) then try welcoming our newest members and being a noob mentor.

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:29 AM

Interesting message I just got in the Where's Jay topic,

Users viewing this topic: TheX CBR >> Other >> MODERATORS ROOM >> Useless Posts >> Page: function submitForm(){ try {updateRTE('body1'); return true;} catch(e){}; } Login Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
Access is Denied. You either don't have the right to access or have attempted to access private area.Please login with sufficient credential or click here to go back to forum's home page.

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:38 AM

^ maybe it logged you out? either that or all the scripts on the page didnt complete before rendering the browser output.

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:46 AM

ORIGINAL: rrasco

^ maybe it logged you out? either that or all the scripts on the page didnt complete before rendering the browser output.
Apparently the thread has been moved to the moderators area useless threads graveyard

Old 10-30-2008 | 11:49 AM

Wait, the where's jay thread has been removed, right? It was there one minute and gone the next.

Regarding PWing, isn't this (funny as it is) an example? https://cbrforum.com/m_456855/mpage_28/tm.htm

I'm not hoping it gets removed, it's just questionable, IMO.

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Kewl Breeze

The following is in regards to this thread:
https://cbrforum.com/m_680489/tm.htm

Chain regrets and apologizes that he could not be here for this announcement due to family matters he had to take care of.

Without further ado:

Dear Members,

The preceding play has been brought to you by the CBRF staff along with 3 moles and 1 GodFather. Yes, you read correctly; a prank. It was intended to show the consequences of letting members continue on the path of voicing any thought or opinion without much regard to civility (as some have been clamoring for). Most was carefully choreographed in preliminary meetings but much of it happened spontaneously by regular members due to the very things that this play was intended to cast a light on to begin with. In short, this preplanned prank intended to show one thing: how all of this pointless posting and bickering can escalate very quickly, without reason, pointlessly, aimlessly. Moderators and admin where NOT really e-fighting in this thread, matter of fact, we*ve never been more supportive of each other. Our forum has seen a lot of tension over the past year, along with the server problems it has tested even the most committed members. We*ve always prided ourselves on trying to be a great forum for a diverse group; where anyone feels welcome and no one feels like an outcast. We are a family here, and yet we seem to be losing sight of that. Post whoring, for example, was never a major concern in the past not just because it didn*t happen, but because no one cared about someone elses post count. We all joined for the same reason: Our love of motorcycling, and our willingness to help others and share our ideas. We need to get back to that. Remember the days when the bike-specific threads had more posts than off-topic? Lets re-evaluate why were here, and what we all can offer.

So, in closing, no mods, moles (and hopefully any other members) were harmed in the making of this play. Iso & Havoc were just the fall guys, and are still on full moderator status. We realize that sometimes people feel the mods and admin are too harsh, but please realize that these people dedicate a large amount of time to this forum on a daily basis, with no compensation, to help ensure that it runs smoothly. This is a two way street and we will continue to do what we can to respect every single person on this forum, and can only ask the same in return from the members.

Heres to making CBRForum the best motorcycle community around. We apologize if anyone felt we went to an extreme to make this point and sincereley hope everyone takes something good away and implements it from here on out.

Cast of Characters:
Catmang, TheX, ffingers - Moles
Chain - GodFather
Lord Jersey / Don Collins / Patrick - Financiers backing the production
Kewl Breeze - Writer/Director
Voodoo - Co-Director
VPSophmore, Blue Fox, Isolated, Havoc, RRasco - Thespian Mods willing to go so far as being banned for the cause and bicker profusely ... without whom none of this would be possible.
CBRClassic -
Unsuspecting Extras

Thanks to all but a sincere thanks goes to the moles without whom this would have never gotten off the ground.

Thank You,

We really do care about this place and hope you realize all this was in an effort to promote a better place for us all.

Please remember to tip your waitresses on the way out and most importantly, please remember to think before you post: A little civility towards one another goes a long long way. Pay it forward.
Special....

Old 10-30-2008 | 12:06 PM

Interesting message I just got in the Where's Jay topic,

Users viewing this topic: TheX CBR >> Other >> MODERATORS ROOM >> Useless Posts >> Page: function submitForm(){ try {updateRTE('body1'); return true;} catch(e){}; } Login Message << Older Topic Newer Topic >>
Access is Denied. You either don't have the right to access or have attempted to access private area.Please login with sufficient credential or click here to go back to forum's home page.
They moved the post into the hidden moderators sections...which I have seen before!!

Quick Reply: ATTN: All CBRF Members ... Regarding The Recent Events on CBRF: