Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

attacked again tonite

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 10:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: attacked again tonite

Depending on the area, guns are probably not the solution and probably cause more problems then they are worth. Although, based on someone elses comment, if you perceive that your life it being threatened, use of deadly force could be warranted. Just be prepared to deal with the emotional fallout of killing someone.

As for all the men saying "don't dress sexy", all I can say is "whatever." A woman has a right to dress anyway that they want. They shouldn't have to be worried about that jackass on the road that has the brain the size of a peanut. This type of behavior is just as bad as things exhibited in certain third world countries.

I like the solution of riding better. How about helmet cams. Sure it might not do anything to stop it, but if gives you evidence that you can hand over to authorities to hopefully convict someone of assualt. I would recommend that you do things legally in order for someone pointing the finger back at you.

Old 08-23-2007, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow..im sorry for you ladies. There is no reason for this to happen to you from anyone. I am a guy, i havent had any problems with cars yet, but i havent been riding for long.(1 year). It really sucks that there are people like this in the world. I dont know what to tell you about the situation. Do most of these occurances happen at night? If they do, i would be more weary about riding at night alone, unless you dont have a choice. My suggestion, just in case things get more out of hand, carry a pocket knife, or a small can of pepper spray, make some sort of handlebar holster for the spray just in case a guy gets out of his car and tries to come at you. I really dont know what else to do, besides get liscence plate #'s and report it.

Im really sorry this happens to you, all of you ladies.

Old 08-25-2007, 10:31 AM

Hey girl sorry to hear about your attacks. Don't let it bother you to much most guys can't handle seeing women on bikes. A lot of times they are jeleous because they don't have one. I'm a new rider myself so I don't go out alone and guns arn't aloud in ontario either but no matter where you live there is always going to be dirt bags out there. Just be careful and ride safe at all times. We have people here who just don't like bikes at all they don't care if it's a man or a women they will cut you off. There has been so many accidents in London ontario where bikers are getting killed because people don't watch out for them like a week ago a cab driver pulled a u turn right in front of the bike and the guy died he had a big touring bike. So just do what you are doing and be safe.

Old 08-25-2007, 11:10 AM

Your life is being threatened and you need to learn how to protect yourself.

Takethe following classes:

Basic handgun Safety Class
Introductory Handgun
Defensive Handgun Skills, Levels 1,2 and 3.
Legal Aspects of Armed Self-Defense

Buy a gun as high a caliber that you can handle and get a concealed weapons permit. When people threaten your life you can legally shoot them until they stop moving or are no longer a threat. It's your choice, your life or theirs. Personally, I'd chose my ownlife overscum.

Join the NRA and support gun rights.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:40 AM

so many of you say carry a gun but i feel like that is overkill. i know a bunch of guys that carry marbles in their pocket. just toss it down on the road when the D-bag is behind you and let it bounce up into their wind sheild. the marble will shatter and usually doesnt damage their car too much.. it will get your hint across. i know someone will say how this is a bad idea for whatever reason but so is what these ppl are doing to us on the road...

Old 09-11-2007, 11:28 AM

Blah just carry some porcelain from spark plugs and throw that backwards muahaha watch what happens.

[/align]

Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM

i,m sorry to hear about your problems and it,s sad to seeriders male or female can,t enjoy what they own,i,m male and love to see female bike riders doing there stuff, all i can say is be careful and plan your route when on your own, keep to well lit areas and always keep your petrol tank full.

Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 PM

Unfreaking believable. These types deserve to die. Just goes to show the gene pool has flaws.

I have never experienced anything like this in my 30 years of riding and I commute on bike everyday during the season. I have had the typical 4wheeler, not seeing, not caring incidents but who hasn't. The closest I have experienced something close was about ten years on the highway, major backup and my exit was a block away. The bike was getting hot and I figured I'd shoulder it. Well the semi in front of me had other ideas. Everytime I would move to the right he would go into the shoulder. Who knows he might have done it to a car too.

Not sure real firearms are the answer. I would rig up paint guns on my bars using neon green paint *****.

Seriously, there is safety in numbers when it comes to motorcycle vs 4wheels. That goes for both men and women.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:53 AM

Or you could always carry some pepper spray, only works if there window is open though.

Old 09-25-2007, 03:34 PM

heres what you do-
go to any remote control hobby store that specializes in planes-they sell a device that does "simulated" bomb drops for the larger scale models....put one on each side of your bike and instead of the "mock bombs" load concussion grenades. you have a full face on hopefully so you will barely even notice them, but the guys behind you will **** their pants and probably never pull that again.

or they bake shotgun/rifle carriers for atv's paint one flash orange and mount it on the back when riding alone....even if theres not a gun in it they will get the point. f those douchebags

Quick Reply: attacked again tonite