Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

attacked again tonite

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: attacked again tonite

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

For the guy who chased yuo down with the V8: I recommend you upgrade from the 600 to a literbike.

For the guys hollering at you and fishtailing: A friend of mine always carries a pistol while riding. You might want to get one, and if anyone gives you any trouble, blow out their windshield.

True true. But bullets bounce off of windshields.
What the hell? I hope both of you are joking. You dont have any legal authority to fire on someone unless they are trying to kill you or cause great bodily harm. Only time you could use it would be if you had no way out. I mainly suggest carrying because alot of people will see it and not bother the person because of it.

There is alot of training, red tape, and consequences that go into carrying a gun LEGALLY, and depending on your state you may not be able to. Even if you do use your weapon legally, you can still be sued to death for it.

And please for the love of god dont think for a second that a bullet would bounce off of a windshield lol.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 PM

allright guys! i have my gun license and have been shooting for a long time now. thats not gonna help me when i'm on the road hitting a few turns by myself and someone comes up behoind me tosses a milkshake on my head so i'm totally blinded cuz my visor is down and i almost go off the road because i cant get my visor up by the time i hit the next twist........ just ranting and raving is all........ i'm sure many have similar stories. and it gets really frustrating sometimes because you just want to know why someone could be so mean. and thank you to all those guys and girls who responded so nicely.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:55 AM

Well i was riding back from a friends house sunday around 8ish (been riding for probably a week now haha) and these guy in a sport bike blows right past me and cuts me off by probbaly only a foot, and man was I pissed.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:41 PM

ummm ok

Old 08-16-2007, 04:50 PM

Haha well im just a beginner and the guy literally came into my lane right next to me and i had to move a bit i was like wtf.

Its not only car drivers that suck, motorcycle riders can be just as bad.

Well anyways i dont think a gun is going to make much difference but scare everyone on the road and the driver then he'll run you over by ACCIDENT

Old 08-16-2007, 06:46 PM

Get a gun... great answer.My answer is to stay cool and use your head to get away. Your bike will out perform anything 4 wheels on the street, learn to use it and the rest is easy. Use the bikes size to your advantage, things like ramps up to a sidewalk are your friend. Get somewhere public.

A gun very rarely helps anything, especially if some ******* has you rattled. In order to be safe, no matter what the circumstance, you gotta cool headed when on two wheels.

That said, I'm not anti-gun. Most of my family are cops, I'm a reserve cop, and I've had a concealed carry permit since age 18, but I never carry on a bike. Just in most circumstances there is a better way, a gun is always always an escalation.

Old 08-17-2007, 09:52 AM

That said, I'm not anti-gun. Most of my family are cops, I'm a reserve cop, and I've had a concealed carry permit since age 18, but I never carry on a bike. Just in most circumstances there is a better way, a gun is always always an escalation.
Having a gun (open carry, not even drawing it) has kept me from getting mugged once, its stopped harrasment at stoplights because they typically see it and wise up, and I've been shown more respect and I've been treated better overall from law enforcement because of it. I'm just reccomending the possibility of open carry, thats all.

<speech from one CHL to another>
Also, if you're not going to carry while on your bike, why even have the permit? Do you only wear your seatbelt or helmet when you think you're going to get into an accident? That one time you dont have your gear or helmet on could be the one time your life ends due to you not having your saftey gear, same thing goes for the gun View it as saftey gear!</speech from one CHL to another>

BTW I think your advice about getting to know your bike and being proficcient at it is amazingly valuable. A lighter weight person on a 600cc+ bike is going tobe way more manuverable and able to outrun anything on 2 wheels, get proficient with your bike and you'll have less problems. At the very least you should be able to dodge a milkshake from a car!

As for the people on 2 wheels, keep your distance and pay attention to the road, hopefully they will get the message and not hound you. Unfortunately there are many 2 wheel on 2 wheel accidents a year from people that do stupid things like this.

Old 08-21-2007, 10:02 PM

I want to firstly say that these guys have gone far beyond the qualifications for declaring them to be stupid and also to be jerks. Someone should drive a tank into their car/truck and crunch up their rides into pieces, making them fear for their lives. And then they should do it again, and again, and again, at totally random moments seperated by hours/days/months until the fear has permeated them to a level that they will never be able to shake.

I also want to say that you may be positioning yourself to look far more sexy than you realize. There is a woman who I'm aquainted with that has got the most amazing body in the world, but she is clueless when it comes to how men react to her appearance. She dresses like a **** and when I talk to her about how nice her (ample)body parts are being shown off to me and everyone else in the office she claims that her dress style is perfectly conservative and it is the norm around the office. It is anything but. Her thong straps are showing 25% of the day and half of her breasts are airing out for all to see. The first thing I noticed about her on sight was the presense of 3 or 4 tatoos which should have been covered up especially for her making the first impressions of everyone around the office. She was clueless and would deny any innapropriateness she would/could be accused of. She daily causes me to curse my existence that does not include her in my bed every night. Some men have overactive desires and can be set off by some skin. Some men act upon them irrationally.

I am not saying you are for sure showing anything like that off, but I'd would bet money on it.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:03 AM

On one level, you can only try to avoid the milkshakes out there. Nobody has the right to accost you, for any reason. On another level, if one gets cornered, one should have a plan. If I crash, and there's fire, that's a bad place to have a firearm. But...an entourage of Martial Artists who ride could easily be found at a nearby training center, and you could learn skills that could render attacks obsolete. I haven't met a Black Belt yet who's been in a streetfight. There's something about the process of becoming that translates into a universal language that says : "Go mess with somebody else, Punk!"
I've given alot of thought to this, and I have begun to incorporate my CBR with my other weopons of proficiency. I guess I'm pushing Taekwondo, the fastest growing sport in the U.S. Gee, I wonder why. Wish I could do more. My Grandmaster runs several Dojangs in the Louisville, KY (and one in Albuquerque!) area if your interested.Pax,G.

Old 08-22-2007, 07:32 AM

Geez, Joseph, that was kinda creepy! Sorry the hottie at the office has your panties in such a wad, but I don't know how that really helps the rest of us.... As women at risk of being attacked just for being female everyday of our lives, most of us have learned by now when we can dress sexy and when we can't. I'm guessing that for the vast majority of us on most days, full riding gear is the way to go for practicality reasons because most of us are really just here to ride and not to tempt poor helpless boys into attacking us! Still, it does suck not to be able to just ride up to the store in shorts and a tank top without being harassed or maimed by some random ****....

Quick Reply: attacked again tonite