Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

attacked again tonite

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: attacked again tonite

Sorry, this has happened to you. However, from a dude's point of view- NO MATTER how hot or ugly you are... when a GIRL is on a bike you are HOTT!!! The reason male insurance is SO high is because our sex is known to show off. Take your own story for example- 1. a dude in a SPORTSCAR (showing off by just driving one) 2. a kid in a lifted truck (again, just TRYING to get attention).

If you don't want to add more attention (AND I"M NOT SAYING YOU ARE DOING ANYTHING WRONG), but maybe put your hair up inside your helmet??? Don't wear a girl-colored jacket??? or pants that show off your assests...if you get what I'm saying.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:02 AM

Wow, I saw the title from the main forum and had to check this out. That's pretty scary. ZZ's story is pretty scary too. There's a lot of ****bags out there on the road anymore, that's all there is to it.
I think most of this is driving/riding something a little more out of the ordinary and jealousy comes into play, man or woman. I always carry my .45 auto in the car anymore, just in case as a deterant. I've had people follow me before and took them all over a 15 mile area while on the phone with cops (driving in my car). Making every move and turn and even false turns and stuff where I would pretend like I'm turning. They later got busted when the cops caught up with us.
I think the best thing to do with someone following/messing around like that is to really hammer it, if it's safe, to get a good spread between you two then pull off into somewhere crowded or where ever there's people. Try to get really good distance because they're likely to run you down when you slow for a turn. Try to get a plate too. It is vehicular assault after all.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 PM

I dont think the attacks are because you are a female.. but b/c there are just some pure "winners" out there in this day and age.. and think its cool to scare people or are drunk or whatever excuse they have to be the garbage of society.. dont let it shake ya... move somewhere with a better vibe..

Z

Old 07-10-2007, 02:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consealed permit, that what there for... learn how to use it, w/ your left.
Free and clean, Ripp'n

Old 07-10-2007, 04:53 AM

Here's some more helpful advice:

I find it most enjoyable riding between 7am-10am any day of the week - that is back roads type riding, rush hour traffic is totally different. Or early evening 5pm-8pm. The ******** come out in abundance between 12pm-3pm for some reason, and then later at night past maybe 9pm. Holidays and Friday/Saturday nights are also bad because of drunks.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy

guys are show offs and when we see a hott girl or worse a car full of girls we get into "holla" mode... on the flip side ive had girls do the same thing. especially on bike nights around here. its really sad that you've had to go through what you have explained to us (u too zz) i wish something could be said to make things better but nothing will change the childish/dangerous behavior that people have when they see members of the opposite sex and want to get their attention.

the other day i was riding on my way home after work and i look in my mirrors and see a bike flying up on me. so i move over to give them room and then i decide to get up with them. turns out it was a very attractive girl on a black/pink f4i. so were driving along hittin turns , splittin lanes , taking turns leading and finally we get up to a red light and i flip up my visor and say "hello" and "nice bike" all she does is give me a nod and takes off. kinda made me feel like she thoght i was tryin to holla .. but how can a guy ride with a girl and just be polite without her thinking differently.. same thing with girls in cars sometimes when a guy says hi or asks how are you.. he is just trying to be nice but i guess with all the ******** out there it kinda ruins it for the rest of us ..

Old 07-11-2007, 04:55 PM

Havoc...you're right...I often find myself ignoring guys that try to start conversations or ride with me simply because there are so many ******** that just think it's hot that they've found a cute girl on a bike. I'm trying to be more open minded and give them a chance now and then, but most of them just keep disappointing me. I don't try to hide the fact that I'm a girl on a bike, I'm proud of it. I've got the pink jacket and pink helmet and I leave my hair down.Up until a year and a half ago, I was scared to death to get on a motorcycle. I overcame my fear becausemy husband wanted me to ride with himand now I'm addicted. I'd liketo saythat girls can do anything guys can do,and we deserve the same respect that they would give their guy rider friends...
You seem like a decent guy and I'm sorry that girl blew you off...if you're ever in PA...look me up! I'll do some lane splittin' and knee draggin' turns with you! Any day.

Old 07-12-2007, 06:33 PM

i havea lot of guy friends, who have never treated me with anything other then respect, which is why i find these ******** so difficult to deal with ya know? however it's nice because there being so overprotective now.... i've always got someone riding with me now and surprise surprise...no ********! and i'm improving my wheelies!!!! lol

Old 07-12-2007, 08:40 PM

This is gonna sound sexist but I have to ask.

Do you wear clothing, have your hair done a certain way, etc. that let's people know you are a girl rider?

Or is it just physical things you can not help?

I know those quesions sound bad, but I have to ask.

Too bad you live in Cape Cod,

If you lived near me, I'd take care of the next available bunch of dicks for ya, tip my hat, ride into the sunset.

Quick Reply: attacked again tonite