Ladies Lounge This section is intended ONLY for use by our female members. Guys are NOT allowed to post in the Ladies Lounge. Only Female members and CBRForum staff are allowed to post in here.

attacked again tonite

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default attacked again tonite

i have a question for everyone men and women whoever wants to reply. i'm damn near in tears right now and i want some answers. every summer that i have been on a bike....(4 now) i havehad an incident where i have been "attacked" by a car or truck. last year i was actually hit (not bad just a slap from his mirror on my leg). as i said last year i had a man in a black SL500 come up on me fast...when i tried to move out of the way he swerved with me and speeded up, i proceded to swerve and speed up to get away and he did the same. it was not until knowing i could not shake the v8 with my 600 on thoes roads that i quickly dodged onto the double yellow taking a chace coming around a corner and slammed on my brakes. He swerved at me and clipped my leg. tonite i had 4 boys in a lifted pickup do a rolling burnout out of a parking lot (after hootin n hollarin at me) came up behind me and fishtail by me at the lat second cutting the wheel. i was alone everytime something like this happens. and each time i'm not in a position to do much other then getting out of the way. this is more then i'd like to handle. my honey insists its because i'm a lone women on a bike and he's taking this very hard like he cant protect me. do any other women have this problem with other drivers coming at them? i'm beginging to think maybe i just should never go out alone again. i usually done get scared and i dont dresssexy or make eye contact with any of these men they just come at me. lucky i am constanly aware and i can get out of the way but i'm terrrified of one of these daysnot seeing them.....please feeback ladies, why is this? i cant think in this day and age that people have that much a problem with women on bikes just cuz we're chicks.

Old 06-25-2007, 01:47 AM
Default RE: attacked again tonite

Wow that's BS. Maybe get their plate number and call the cops next time? Coming from a guy, I've almost
been hit a couple times but I've never heard of anyone getting chased down or messed with like that.
Don't let it stop you from riding. I know you asked for a lady reply..sorry I just saw this pop up and
had to reply.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:33 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: ladybug600

do any other women have this problem with other drivers coming at them? i'm beginging to think maybe i just should never go out alone again. i usually done get scared and i dont dress sexy or make eye contact with any of these men they just come at me. lucky i am constanly aware and i can get out of the way but i'm terrrified of one of these days not seeing them.....please feeback ladies, why is this? i cant think in this day and age that people have that much a problem with women on bikes just cuz we're chicks.
i have no clue wtf's going on with weirdos clipping ur leg but the other stuff are common complaints by women and the guys trying to show off 4 you don't realize they're endangering your life .. i guess they can't differentiate a bike from any other scenario they would be hitting on you. as sad as it sounds the reality is (based on what i've read by females on other forums) that the only way you can avoid it is to go out of your way not to show your femininity when you gear up; e.g. tuck your hair under your helmet etc.. you can't hide everything but that way it takes them longer to realize you're a female and by that time you've hopefully already passed them.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM

That’s really messed up. I don’t care who I see on a bike....hottest girl in the world, Ikeep my room while in my car. I know that the last thing they need distracting them is some guy trying to hollar at them while riding! If I ever saw some d-bags doing that to agirl ether in a parking lot or street I would say something to them. All of the girls i ride with are probably more responsible than me while riding andif I saw some guy messing with them I would take serious offense! I know that girls can handle themselves, but what girl wouldn’t be intimidated by that while riding. I don’t think you should not ride anymore alone....but just don’t pout yourself ina situation that your out of control of. Just pull over...I do it. If I have a car Fing with me and I don’t feel like puttin it up to 130 and leaving them a mile back, I just hit the next turn off and let them pass.

..guys can be douche bags when they see girls riding......ive had to call my friends (who dont ride) out on it....

Old 06-26-2007, 09:29 AM

Id say get a gun licence and holster that sucker on your belt in plain view

Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM

Don't give up to stupidity. As for you honey the time will come when he is only a block away, then GAME ON!

Old 06-29-2007, 05:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

where you live at, sounds like you need an entourage! lets go ride and give em something to f$ck with...

Old 06-29-2007, 08:33 PM

Iwould be strapping a gun. and a camara. the gun strapped to side will deter 99% of them, the other 1% let the law deal with when you turn in the vidoe of assualt with a motor vehicle.

Old 06-30-2007, 06:20 AM
zz

I'm sorry sweetie...all I can say is some guys are just horndogs or just phyco. Many of those similar incidents has happened to me. Two weeks ago I just had gotten off of work and was on my way to taco bell. After getting it,I was on my way back home when this truck comes up behind and had turns off its head lights, drive right beside me trying to get my attention.I ignore him trying to seem as if I didn't notice anything, then hetrys to ram right in to me, going over half way into my lane.... then goes back, drives up a little...turn on his lights look at me, turn his back half way sticks out his tongue and does somecrazy thingwith it. I'm looking at him and at the truck ford 350 a white dodge ram, he seems to be a light skinned male, with blondish hair.Now we're comming up to a street light, its red and I was at least 2-3 cars parked behind. My gas light is on, and there this ghettogas station at the corner where normally people get rob, afraid to get gas because he might follow. He's still trying to look at me, light turns green his not moving and I'm not moving...then he proceeds very slowly...I'm following, because i need to get to the highway...I'm afraid to take the back road. He driving very slowly, brakingand stuff waitingfor me to catch up. I speed up go at least 65 pass him, on a 35road. Hoping he gets the idea i don't want to be bother...he smashes....up cuts right in front of me and slams on his brakes and so didi because hecame to a complete stop on the middle of the road....what a @#$%^!!!!!! he goes back into his lane and looks at me trying to holla ...and that when I pick up my phone, and pretend as if i was on it....and thats when he dogs meandspeeds off..the crazy thing was my phone was broken, no cars were ever around and he fell for it. omg...all I can say is, be careful..always stay behind and have a working cell phone on you in case of a emergency. (I would have taken a pic of the lic. pl. but my phone was not working) so i can report it to the cops.

Now im up to a point of just getting a gun....because whether I'm with my boyfriend, family and friends incidents like this happens a lot to me. There's just crazy people out there. They don't care about anything but just getting want they want.My boyfriend doesn't like to me to walk or ride a my motorcyle, or be in a car alone....his so afraid he won't be able to protect me......

Sorry about what happened. I truly understand...Just be careful and take care...

Old 06-30-2007, 09:04 AM

thank you all and zz thanks alot, that makes me feel better. but here on cape cod there is no way to have a gun and the cops hate people on bikes anyway so if i chased him id probably get into trouble. this only happens when i'm alone, i've just been making sure i have been riding with myboyfriend lately. i'm not so scared as i am frustrated.

Quick Reply: attacked again tonite