The Hurricane Saloon Off Topic

Had another Sunday incident...

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fires, floods... when are the locusts scheduled to arrive?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:29 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good to see Pete and Dave getting back .........me .........in the chitter yesterday &
today.........dying with flu..........nothing 3 skelps of GlenLivet didn't help squash
for an hour tonight ........but it just wore off and I'm back to square one again.

Bottle of NyQuil (NightNurse) green chit at the ready ........better be careful or me
own ticker will start doing the CBR dance...........catch yez later ............sneeze

Old 11-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's no good Sprock. Drink sh!tloads of water and if you go for a ride wear one of those adult nappies you can get...er..I hear you can get . Take it easy mate.

Thrasher. As for the locusts, there are sometimes huge swarms out West that give the poor farmers even more to contend with. I'm not a religious man but, based on all the chit going on around the place, a person could start to wonder

Old 11-04-2009, 10:00 AM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

Christ Dave , I know exactly where your coming from!

Got food poisoning in Nairobi about ten years back , sat on the cr4pper hugging the sink at the same time . Then I puked so hard I blacked out , fell on the floor and split my eye open on the door stop! So woke up on the floor covered in blood puke and **** , God knows how long I was out for !

To cut a long story short , was taken to hospital , severe dehydration/shock (due to dehydration)/saline drip/seven stitches

Sometimes room service can be a bit of a gamble

Take it easy mate , as far as the heart goes , I reckon when the body retches too hard , your blood pressure shoots through the roof , 'cos it feels like your head is going to burst.

Enjoy your ride , best form of R'n'R you can get

Old 11-04-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Geez, sounds like we're all fall'n apart. Dehydration from spewing at both ends can cause interuption of the electrical conductivity to the heart (electrolytes screwed up) and make you feel like your are dying. Get'n back to eating will often take care of that. A lot of times that isn't as bad as it feels (no long term problem). Glad everything checked out.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:03 PM

Hawk. Bloody hell mate! Blood, puke, and ****...the tri-factor. In the pub with some mates once, one of them went a bit pale and headed off to the dunny. Poor sod was sitting on the crapper, then realised he was going to spew. He turned around and, while he was talking on the big white phone, the pressure made the other end spray like a pressure washer (sorry if any of you are eating ). He said it was everywhere. He came out with his jumper tied around his waist, told us what happened, and headed off home (presumably to burn his jeans). We did the right thing and laughed 'til we cried.

Joe. Thanks mate. Apparently the Venal Nerve stops your heart for a split second when you spew, then starts it up again a bit faster to catch up. Sometimes a bit of an electrical fault can occur. That, coupled with the electrolyte problems caused by dehydration and Bob's your uncle...one sh!tty week. I'm just glad it reverted on it's own without a month of blood thinning drugs (rat poison basically!) and an electric shock to the heart.

Old 11-04-2009, 03:18 PM
September 2009 ROTM Winner - Faster than a Speeding ..........

^^^ ***** Great story Dave , glad you gave him the support that type of think needs

Old 11-04-2009, 09:08 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dave ........tried the water and nappies...........NO DICE

Finished of my other chit after ................oooooooooh I've goota a feeling much better

For another 45 minutes...........anyways ..........another few days of alcohol poising
and I reckon this flu will have to surrender..........ya know how us nutty Irishmen are

"NO SURRENDER"