F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

road rage incident, do I let it go?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 07:52 PM
stx
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default road rage incident, do I let it go?

man I have a messed up story for you guy's, well I'm coming home from work today and I notice a car right on my ***, so I peroidically look im my mirror and this guy is not letting up, he's literally about 4 feet behind me, I could not even pull over ro speed up to t traffic ,, keep in mind I'm on a high traffic area, lots of intersections so I really could not get on it. So I;m coming up to a real big intersection making a left, turn signal on , there is 3 lanes, left turn lane, (at that point i had a red soI was slowing down) and a straight lane and a turn right lane , this guy goes buy me and I glance over to see what a complete ******* looks like, and he jumps on his breaks at the green light, locks it up gets out of his car and says, ya want to go at it, and I say why the f%$# were you on my ***? (thinking to myself why is this guy so mad at me?), so I'm on my bike not sure what to do and he gets back in his car,(meanwhile I memorize his tags), the light is red but I get an arrow, I start to go and he lundges out , not enough to hit me but just enough to be a dick, I was kind of expecting it... So I;m making my left and I turn around and flip him the byrd, (I know stupid, but this guy was dangerous), so he starts coming after me (making a left hand turn from the cneter lane), I'm coming up to a light, with cars stopped and he is fast approaching in my mirror so I start splitting the lane work my way up to the front, there was alady in the front with her window down, I explained the situation (in a nut shell) and she let me in front, so I'm looking in my mirrors so see if he is getting out of his car, and I see him come up in the left turning lane right in back of me on my left, light changes and I'm out of there, now I had some room, put some space between us and made some turns and went home, so I'm literally shaking when I get home, call the cops and file a report, did you guys ever have an incident like that, I'm wondering if its' something I did, ? and should I let this go or have the police contact him b/c I did get his tags, as of now I just filed report with no action

Old 09-30-2007, 08:03 PM
Default RE: road rage incident, do I let it go?

I would have got off the bike and dropped his *** right there in the street. Just my .02

Old 09-30-2007, 08:07 PM

That's horrible...i think you handled it pretty well though...

Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM

Sounds pretty nasty. I had an incident with a person tailgating me and I flipped them the bird. I'll never do it again because they were pissed and were in an Excursion that could have easily ran me over.

Ragers may kill you. Be careful. You handled it well.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:15 PM
February 2009 ROTM

You handled good i've had a incident like that one time. Just remember he is in a car and your not i try to avoid the whole situation by if there is a car on my tail i get over to other lane or pull over and if i cannot i just hit it to give me room enough to feel like i am in a better spot to be able to predict what is going to happen next.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Retired Administrator

Just blow it off... the guy has to have some other problems eating at him. Just stop and let em go by and if they follow you, make a stop by your local LEO of choice and see if he follows you there. Or at least some where that has camera like a big gas station. He's in a cage so when it push comes to shove, he's gonna stomp you.

I had this the other day and I'll have to admit, I didn't handle in the best way either. But I got lucky and nothing hanppen. Poor guy driving a mini van has enough problems... I didn't need to remind him that his life sucks.

Old 09-30-2007, 08:16 PM
Ironmang
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That really sucks.... I dunno what's with people like that. Sounds like you handled it well though and did the right thing... get outta there. But I'd just give the cops his plate # and see if there's anything that can be done. I wouldn't really expect anything to, but hey ya never know

Old 09-30-2007, 08:24 PM

I agree with the above posters. There was something more going on with this guy. Not to take up for him or anything, but for all you know maybe his daughter was just killed while riding pillion on a sport bike b/c the sportbike rider got a little to squidly...now he's got a grudge. My point is you never know what's on someone else's plate...ya know? This doesn't justify his actions...but sometimes you have to be the better man and let it go. You handled things very well.

Besides, we're really in no situation to reckon with a cager, we'll be beat every time.

Hats off to you for handling it so well.

+1

Old 09-30-2007, 08:35 PM

I think that blowing it off would be the smartest situation even though i would wanna drop him right there also but that would probably end with me getting hit by a car, guy was obviously just out looking for a fight

Old 09-30-2007, 08:40 PM

Um i agree that you handled it well buti would have just stopped somewhere like a gas station or something so there were cameras a beat his *** right there. Whether his daughter go killed or not it gives him no reason to try and do the same to you.

I had a guy switch lanes and cut me off so close that i could feel the heat from his exhaust on my body and face. I live in a town with a ton of elderly rich people who think they own the world and especially every road in their town. THey all drive either rich *** cars or huge lincoln town cars. Well when this happened ihandled pretty well by just yellin at him at a light, but a guy i was riding with got pretty pissed off about it and broke the guys mirror off in the middle of the road and then proceeded to try and yank the guy out of the car and beat his ***! ( His son had just died the week before from an incident just like what happened to me and it flew him off the edge.

Im not saying to do this , but be careful . Cars can kill you on the road, but take them to a public place and its an entirely different thing.

Be safe, and good luck.

Quick Reply: road rage incident, do I let it go?