General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not the carbs? 2nd gear sputter.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 07:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Not the carbs? 2nd gear sputter.

yeah, he cut out th pump, and put a fuel line in with an in-line filter, the line is 3/8's. i opened it up on the track and it hit 165, theres a slight sputer in second still, but its a small one and goes away really quick.

Old 06-26-2008, 10:22 PM

so them two tubes in the front of the bike go in them ram air ducts on the front fairing.

Old 06-29-2008, 05:41 PM

i have a 98 f3 similar prob was told to check pulse generater or spark unit.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:17 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by frankmackie
SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE THIS... I HAVE BEEN BUSY AND OUT OF TOWN A LOT>

ITS DONE!!!!
finally up and going! thanks for the help:

it WAS the Air intake form the Air Solenoid that was not getting enough airflow an flooding out the carb barrels. if you have this problem, be sure that the two tubes in front of the bike (the upper cowl just next to the ram air (that goes into the airbox)) are in the highest airflow possible. my aftermarket fairings didnt have aspot for them so i needed tozip tie them inplace.

mine was not, and it caused mixture problems that flooded the bike out at higher rpm ranges. THANKS AGAIN TO ALL
Any chance you still on the forums? I am having this same flooding issue at high rpm/ speed. I know this is a old thread.

Old 05-23-2020, 06:54 PM
Default "Jack" Can you contact me? Same issues would love to see pictures etc.

Originally Posted by Jack Riddley
Frankmackie,

Sorry we never go in touch on the phone. Glad to hear your bike was is up and running. It's btich to find out that it will take two zip ties to get you back on the road, eh? I wasn't getting emails letting me know you posted again. Just checked it now. Sorry mate. I hoped I helped out with my info. To the other riders out there with this problem, Let me know if you have this problem. Email me, call me, smoke signals, what ever it takes to help out with this frustrating problem.

Ender
Rival Riderz
Oceanside, CA
Sme issue can you send pictires of tye hoses

Old 05-23-2020, 07:11 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

After 12 years, I doubt it.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:22 PM
Default Thank you 10 years later!!

Originally Posted by Jack Riddley
The air system is very specific. If you have a California bike there is only a slight difference and that has to do with the emissions and the return line to from the evaporator tank. Those two breather tube work in the exact opposite of what you described. They are crucial to equalizing the forced airpressure and the pressure in the bowels of the carbs. Meaning as you go faster the ramair going into the trottlebody is increasing. So must the pressure in the bowls of the carb. Hence, thetwo breather tubes which go into the air solenoid then the bowls in the carbs. Do you have a manual? You can find a downloadable one on the site. Look up D.A.I. or direct air intake. Oh yeah, make sure that those two hoses are in the path of ram air and faced forward. Don't forget to check the air filters inline in the D.A.I. too.They have been known to cause the same problem. Keep me updated please.

JackRiddley
Ender
Rival Riderz
www.myspace.com/rivalriderz

long story short, I was on my last leg with this bike. I’ve rebuilt everything twice at this point and could not find the solution to the problem. I finally read this and was about to start a tear down again of the carbs to try and fix it. I put this hose back on, I don’t know why it was off, and it revved up through third which I haven’t heard in so long. Thank you thank you thank you. If you ever see this, just know that I cracked open a 6 pack after the ride. Cheers and thank you again! Ride safe!