F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Why can't I get past neutral?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbear
The main purpose of a riding boot/shoe over regular shoes is not really ankle protection or durability (as much) as it is that the riding boots are designed to stay on. That's not to say that ankle protection and durability aren't also good consideration and that motorcycle boots don't provide those good safety factors, but the thing motorcycle safety guys preach is to get an ankle-over shoe/boot because sneakers tend to fly off very easily -- whether they're doc martin-types, running shoes, or skate shoes. If they come over your ankle, they're going to stay on much, much better. And on the point of ankle protection; yes, they certianly help in idle-speed maneuvering maybe in a parking lot or the like but at any speed above that if your ankle is in a compromising position... it's probably going to give.

Anyway, the point is to wear foot protection that is designed in a way that it will stay on if the worst should happen.
Yea which I why I just ordered some alpine star's today because that really scares crap out of me.. Once skating I hit the pavement pretty hard and lost a shoe so what would happen falling off a bike.

Btw I tried wearing my work boots while riding the past couple of days and theres so much improvement in my shifting.. so that their was the exact problem I was having. My skate shoes just giving too much on hard shifting.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 07-11-2009, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to hear that worked for ya!

BTW: I think any (steel toe...my preference) boot will stay on...I would like to see how people are strapping boots on, that fall right off. Also steel toed boots will help if you ever pick up a rock or other shrapnel. I have felt big rocks hit my steel toe...I dont feel the rock itself, but I feel the thud on my boot.I just think if you can have more protection the better. Plus the steel toe might help with the wear on the leather, not sure about that tho. But my boots are cheap Stanley boots from Payless and they are holding up great.