F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wheelie's

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 03:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie's

its not so muchpeople hating on youordoubting your "natural born" riding ability that shouldworry you,butyour lack of concern for your own safety. <--thats what is irritating people and prompting them to catagorize you as a "squid" and they are right, but in your defense i will say it is due to your age and not a shallow gene pool.

dont be another statistic,hold offon doing wheelies until you get some proper gear and then if you want to stunt find an empty parking lot to practice.all would recommend riding for a few monthes or moreand growing accustomed to the bikes feel before you start pushing the bike to its limits. its safer and more rewarding that way. since you are an acomplished man(not a virgin) think of your bike newas your new girlfriend, now you dont want to go out and try every trick in the book, especially without protection, **** you barely know the bitch she might not respond to new things well, better to take things slow that way you have new stuff to look forward too.......unless ofcoarse your just in it for the quick thrill, then you can get buck nasty andignore all the consequences.

see, and this advice is not coming from an experienced rider, just someone older and wiser.....i had my mc lic when i was 21, and am glad i didnt buy a bike then, ****, im barely responsible now at age 27, had i been 16 and had a 600 sportsbike, id be acting the same way you are, just plain naive.

repeat after me

IM NOT A SQUID, I AM NOT A SQUID, I WILL LEARN HOW TO BE A SAFE RIDER AND WILL RIDE REPSONSIBLY PER THE ADVICE OF ALL THE RIDERS HERE ON CBRFORUM.COM.

Old 04-03-2007, 04:36 AM

Dude, to each his own, more power to you if you can ride out wheelies after a couple days of practicing. But, the reason you're getting flamed is because you are riding w/o proper gear, are new rider(8 months is not a significant amount of time, and by no means makes you an experienced rider), and you say things like "I am not gonna get hit and I am not gonna go down, I know myself." I am sure, that most of the people flaming you, and most of the people on this forum have been down before, remember dude there are 2 types of riders; those that have been down, and those that will go down. So be careful, gear up, and don't ride beyond your abilities.

Old 04-03-2007, 05:31 AM

yaah well i gotta go find sum gear tomarro. any brand names that i shud look for or just go for anything?

Old 04-03-2007, 05:32 AM

ORIGINAL: ShadowX

yaah well i gotta go find sum gear tomarro. any brand names that i shud look for or just go for anything?
i love my alpinestars stuff and my scorpion helmet great stuff and not all that pricey lol and my icon gloves are really comfortable too

Old 04-03-2007, 06:06 AM

yah i got a helmet but its really heavy. my friends got sum helmet n its lighter than air. he paid like 600 for it tho. i aint got that much money. thank god for credit cards tho. also if anyone has any kind of red jacket n i guess a size 50? lemme kno if ur willing to sell it. idk. i'll let yall know if i get sum gear. i'll try n get sum pics n vids up as well since everyone was asking. maybe i'll get sum more positive comments once i get my gear. [sm=sigh.gif]

Old 04-03-2007, 06:38 AM

I had the same attitude as you did when i first got my bike and the first time i couldnt stop fast enough and went threw oncoming traffic just to miss the back of a car was the last time i ever thought i was to good to learn how to ride the bike. I still dont wheelie that often i know sometimes if im on a long open road ill try a few times to get them up. Even after 1.5 years of riding there are still things i dont know and will probally never know. What everyone else is trying to say is get geared up learn how to handle the bike in all situations and then move on the wheelies in parking lots and etc...Because remember Grandma or Chatty McCellphone is looking for you and will stop infront or pullout infrontof you before you know it and most likely you will go down if not then sometime in the future, and be geared and ready...

Old 04-03-2007, 09:05 AM

[8D]

Old 04-03-2007, 10:43 AM

how at the age of 16 did you get a licence and have 8 months of experince on the bike pluse have 2 other bikes prior????

okay that said i dont want to flame ya so be safe and get gear. also these bikes arent cheap to fix i went down last year the day i was going to put my bike in a storage shed. all in all i have probly spend near 800 dollars fixing it and it was a light fall and thats with a freind doing some of the body work.

i had a simmilar mind set when i got my bike i said oh i wont have an accident i know me. i dont stunt i dont ride fast i dont goof off. i hve never been over 90 on my bike never did or tried a wheelie or even wanted to. i have ridden dirt bike since i was 8 years old and im 22 not that much older then you in the grand scheme of things. what caused me to go down was pure stupidity. if you alow you self to think that way that your that good you dont alow your self to think of the consequences or to look out for danger.

listen just be safe bro every one wants to see you go home to your family at the end of the day. there are a lot more experince riders then you go down all the time. a good freind of mine passed away he was reallygood at stunting. he was messing around in a parking lot with no helmet on and a car pulled out in front of him from behind one of the buildings he hit the car while doing a wheelie the bike and him went over the car and bike landed on his head. at the age of 26 and he always wore his helmet i dont know why he didnt that day..

just be safe bro we all go down no matter how good we are.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:05 PM

Well, as far as gear try different brands on and see what you like the most. It really comes down to personal preference. I myself use Icon gear, and I love it.

Old 04-03-2007, 03:08 PM

i ride icon.. like id say if you want to stunt buy a stunt bike... because it would be a shame to see that pretty bike with a bunch of scars on it next week

Quick Reply: Wheelie's