F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wheelie's

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 03:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie's

How many of you guys think.."Its too hot out, I am not gonna wear my jacket" ? Even if its so hot out for me, I will always wear my gear. I wear Joe Rocket and honda riding gloves along with my Scorpion EXO. Better be hot and alive then dead and cool.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:23 AM

I have this fully mess jacket with armor on the points of contact that would hit first its my new favorite jacket. And always wear gloves... which is the usualy point of contact....Who doesnt like wearing shorts because they hurt when they flap?

Old 04-04-2007, 03:37 AM

its starting to get like 95 degrees here and i still wear my leather jacket with full armor, icon gloves and my helmet every time the only thing i do is lean over a little more to try to get some air flow in the jacket, its worth beinghot to keep my skin if i go down

Old 04-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

The kid hasn't posted in a while, is he still alive??

Old 04-04-2007, 12:01 PM

ORIGINAL: fishfryer527

The kid hasn't posted in a while, is he still alive??
Come on fishfryer, the kid's probably picking up his gear or paying up his bet.
I've been down before. Leisure sunday ride, got side swiped by a caged luny. Luckily had full gear on, I made it, the bike didn't... at least not for a long while and lots of bucks later.

And I thot, I'd becareful andsafe as ever. When i got on this forum, I realised one thing, everybody goes down at sometime. Made me wisen up and keep gear on at all times.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 PM

rutro... i think someone fell off lol

Old 04-04-2007, 01:23 PM

I'm pretty new to riding too (just got my license in december) but I grew up around bikes since my dad always had one. I did a fair amount of mountain biking in my day too, i've ALWAYS worn at LEAST a helmet - and on my bike I always wear my jacket, gloves, and helmet and on rides longer than 10 minutes i.e. more than just commuting I wear my bike pants too. I have joe rocket jacket with removable portions for when it gets hot, two pairs of gloves, both joe rocket - one for summer, one for winter, and an HJC helmet. I'm not sure of the brand of the pants I have, I THINK they are joe rocket's - but I like them a lot because they go over my jeans so I feel like I have a lot of protection. I also always wear my riding boots - I don't want to get anything caught anywhere!

So stunter dude - be smart, gear up... Just look around youtube for about 10 minutes, search for "motorcycle crash" or something like that, trust me - you will see EXACTLY why you want to wear your gear, even if you are "just stunting in a parking lot" - it's scary to see how hard your head can hit the ground when you aren't ready for it...

Old 04-04-2007, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wreckin sucks mane, its been over a year since my big wreck and my shoulder still aint right, docs dont know what to do about it, but im back in the gym finally[sm=groupwave.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Old 04-04-2007, 08:35 PM

three years ago i wuz a cocky lil **** to doin wheelies all the time untill my big crash at 70 doin a wheelie and now a lil more respect for the bike and the road but i though i wuz all cool in my t shirt shorts and helmet which wuz pretty much shattered and saved my life i slid enough to go into the ditch with BAD road rash and a broken collar bone two pins in the elbow and a fractured wrist. i wear a good shark helmet joe rocket jacket icon gloves steel toed boots and icon pants. im a lil smarter now lol

Old 04-04-2007, 09:33 PM

This is about the most stupid thread I have ever seen. ADULTS would have discounted this kid 74 posts ago.

Quick Reply: Wheelie's