F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Wheelie's

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie's

This thread bothers me somewhat. I dont have a bike (yet), I have never really ridden on the street either. I have my temps though, and i am taking the MSF course in may. Pretty much all i have done in the past year is read/learn bikes. I decided awhile ago that i want an f2, thats what i will get. I have done research on gear to figure out whats best for what i can afford. And this cat comes, on his third bike at 16 years old, pulling wheelies with no gear. It makes me sick. Daddy might be a little upset when you wreck that bike. Remember, as said before there are 2 types of riders; those that have been down, and those that will go down. atleast get a helmet man...

Old 04-05-2007, 02:54 PM

yeah i also havent gotten my bike yet, i will when i graduate may 21st though....but like some of the others that are newbs, i am already collecting my gear...i plan to buy a shoie helmet off of one of my freinds, get the textile honda cbr jacket from joe-rocket, and also the honda gloves...so yeah, i hope to be prepared when i have my bike...
also, are boots really necesary?

Old 04-05-2007, 03:29 PM
Retired Moderator

As far as boots go, you really want to wear something that covers your ankles. At my MSF, if you wore tennis shoes, they duct taped your ankle area over the tops of your pants.

Also, Shadow, you may want to talk to the Aflac duck as soon as possible!

Old 04-05-2007, 07:55 PM

HA i find it funny that you think im totally under my "mom and pops" money. i have 2 jobs working one right after school and another on weekends. im making my own money. jesus i cant believe how many a$$holes are on this site. you know all the bike riders around here actually are nice to fellow riders. and have respect for everyone. this site is different. its full of people sitting on thier high horses thinking they are gods trying to make me feel like the ant ready to be stomped on. ill prove myself to myself because i dont need to prove myself to you. im alot smarter than many of you think and ive been riding motorcyles on the streets since i was 14. believe it or not. i really dont give a flyin ***.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:22 PM

ORIGINAL: ShadowX

hey i just registered with this site so this is my first post. first of all im 16 and ive been 4-wheeling for years now. i finally got my motorcycle endorsement but 2 wheels is a change. (Sounds pretty recent kid, how long ago exactly were you 14 if you're talking about how different being on 2 wheels is?) i actually stared with a ninja 250 but i got rid of that **** after 3 days. then my dad got me a ninja 500.(sounds like pops dollar to me, having a job in high school means nothing, thats nothing but a disposable income, you are still dependant on your parents money wether you like it or not) still lame. so i now have my 03 cbr 600 f4i n ive got to say i love it. i finally got the courage to try a wheelie today but failed lol. i got it up with power alone in first but you cant really hold that for to long. im just wondering if anyone has any tips for a way to do a wheelie at about 45 mph. another thing that sucks here is i have no local friends with bikes. so im always riding alone. which isnt always fun. but for real. wheelie's...help?
really dude, i dont think you're stupid, but you have to step back and look at the way you presented yourself:
new rider
young (i know, im young too but some people are quick to judge young guys, especially those who havent broken out of the teens yet)
asking for advice on wheelies (on a mostly conservtive forum that is more centered towards what the bike was actually meant for, i.e. racing)

honestly, nobody here is an *******, its all in the way you come off, respect is not given, its earned, if you rode with a group, youd learn this fast. the new guys always ride in back, because if nothing else, they tend to go down when they try to set the pace. they may be nice to you, as i would be, or anyone else, but there is no respect for you as a motorcyclist until you prove that you deserve it.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Retired Moderator

Well stated,Hassell. Shadow, there may be some horseplay headed in your direction, but Hassell is right, you left yourself wide open. When you start by saying you are 16, and a 250 and a 500 are too small...how do I wheelie? That is a lot for a resposible rider to swallow in one sitting. The people on this forum are funny, knowledgable, and can really help you out, if you are willing to deal with some constructive criticism. Sometimes when you want to be heard, you scream...some of the posts are kind of like that. Ultimately, you are surrounded by support on this forum, but safety is alway foremost in everyone's mind!

P.S. I actually have Aflac accidental coverage...I sought out the duck, myself. If I lose an eye, I get paid like $2500. Sweet!

Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 AM

HA i find it funny that you think im totally under my "mom and pops" money. i have 2 jobs working one right after school and another on weekends. im making my own money. jesus i cant believe how many a$$holes are on this site. you know all the bike riders around here actually are nice to fellow riders. and have respect for everyone. this site is different. its full of people sitting on thier high horses thinking they are gods trying to make me feel like the ant ready to be stomped on. ill prove myself to myself because i dont need to prove myself to you. im alot smarter than many of you think and ive been riding motorcyles on the streets since i was 14. believe it or not. i really dont give a flyin ***.

ahhh quit bitching. If you can't take a little **** from some dudes on the net then you can't wheelie. And you are DEF under your mom and pop because u still live with them. Pay your own rent, insurance, water bills, phone, etc. then tell me different.

Buck up.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:34 AM

me n sum friends started rideing tgether. and ive riden in a group before. i wasnt all the way in the back but i was close lol. w/e im still trying to find the webcam charger for all those people that wanted a vid. u say the bike was meant for racing. the whole bike shop i went to which included 2 f4i riders said it was a perfect stunt bike and made more toawards that type of stuff.

Old 04-06-2007, 06:25 PM

Looking forward to seeing this video...

Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM

i paid my bike off, am still paying my car off, i pay my own cell phone bill, and a cut of the electric for my room. i make my own money.

Quick Reply: Wheelie's