Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wheelie's

501 boo for you

Old 03-30-2007, 06:45 AM

first gear wheelies are a good place to start. go about 20-30 mph in first gear, once you're there, pull the cluch back, and at the same time, give it some throttle and let the clutch out.... The bike will lift. You'll get a feel. You should get a hang of this after a day or so. Once you've mastered this, you're ready for second gear stand ups. Let us know when you're through with first gear.

I could hate on you like the rest of the guys, but I know how it is. I'm not enjoying myself on my bike unless I'm kinda livin on the edge. Safety is important, but if you're like me, you're not having fun unless you're riding dangerously. I feel you brotha, you're a man of my own heart. Don't let the first gear wheelies scare you.... Pull in the clutch, throttle up and pop it, all in one motion. You'll feel comf. after a few tries. Just be safe man, gear up and don't be an idiot on a crowded road. Take it somewhere that you'll only hurt yourself, worst case scenario. Good luck and have fun.

Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 AM

ROFL...... dude.... I dont even want to start.. wear your gear

Old 03-30-2007, 11:45 AM

16 year old and want to wheelie first??? [sm=badidea.gif]Listen to words of wisdom from experienced riders. No disrepect intended, but sounds like you've just learned to 'move' a bike. Learning to 'ride' and gain experience takes time and lots of miles under your belt.

Be patient, mature on thebike, after that, if you want to wheelie, go ahead but be careful.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a quad is not a bike...totally different. with that said, you now have zero experience on a bike.

at least you 'started' on a 250 then went to 500 and then 600...so technically didn't start on a 600.

wear some gear...cause you're going down really soon.

Old 03-30-2007, 02:33 PM

i learned to ride following somebody that knew what the hell they were doing. all we rode was twisties. after a few months i was draggin my r6 pegs all over the place. took me another year and deals gap to find out the road isn't a racetrack. lowsided the r6 and still have the nice some nice scars. buy leather alpinestar everything and get an arai or shoei then wear it. got a feelin your gonna be bustin your *** soon. good luck

Old 03-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 Tahoe and Ninety, i got that feelin too, mostly cause i was 16 once too

Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM

i dunno theres that one kid thats 15 thats sponsored for stuntin.. i have to say im impressed lolz!

there are some young ppl that i ride with around here that can do wheelies and stuff like that....

my advice is dont go too fast too early... Learn your bike first! till u know how it will fells when somethings not right! About two days ago i saw someone land a wheelie wrong sent him into a tank slapper going about 100mphs... scared the **** out of me!!! needless to say he wont be doing wheelies for about a week... Get another bike before stunting or you might as well just jump off the bike now going 40 and **** it all up! its so stock.. so purrrtttyyy =]

Old 03-30-2007, 05:31 PM

well I am 21 and I can do small wheelies but I dont want to **** up my bike because my parents didn't pay for it. But if your gona wheelie (which you will because it is unresistable being a male and all) start in 2nd gear, safer with out argument. Just get a feel for your bike before you try anthing big. And dont try Endoing until your WAYYY more experienced. And dont be a dumbass and ride without gear, that is just dumb no matter who you are.

Old 03-30-2007, 07:06 PM

like i said before....and we never heard from him again

Quick Reply: Wheelie's