F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Hmmm...never claimed to be a street veteran rider, or make claims outside of what I have noticed (shifting properly) coupled with what is literally written on a sticky on THIS forum..but honestly, and this goes for EVERYONE who reads this post...take what I say with a grain of salt..my feelings won't be hurt

And please don't take offense Kuroshio, but whether "you" have the "street credibility slash certification" that I assume I have not acquired due to the national standard of 3.545xPie years of street riding despite shifting dirt bike gears since I was 8 matters null and when your not lazy, if you shift through your F4i's gears smoothly then kudo's to you my friend...that's your opinion..and someone else riding next to you during this time may disagree that your shifting smoothly...its all subjective here
Yo noober, my point exactly, you have no street / race riding on public roads with a sport bike: its not a dirt bike, period.

A modern day RR or R6 has nothing in comparison to a 2001 F4i, in my case anyway. Rode an 2008/7 R6, its not designed for the street but the track. (Similar no doubt to the RR). But I find my F4i, after 7 years & 50,000 Km of riding, fun, linear, comfortable & quick enough in the curves vs a litre bike. Ya shifting may be a bit clunky, big deal. I prefer the position of comfort rather than a race, after all its all about "the pace", right?

Furthermore, I do not condone race riding on public roads, friends die, I know and seen it with my own eyes.

Ride safely & learn to ride your bike,

Tommysf4I

Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Would you two grow up and stop taking subtle shots at each other? The point is moot. Compared to a lot of other bike the f4i has a lot of gear lash. Is it a fault? No. Just different. Does it matter? NO!

And kuro you're a mod. You should know better.

Noober. He's a mod. YOU should know better!

For the record, I liked the review.

Thanks JP. sheesh all I was trying to say is exactly what you said, that the F4i has gear lash. and yes it DOSENT matter...just stating the characteristic for christ sake!

And "Yo" Tommy- well your just plain old a muppet...go back from under your bridge..(that means your a troll)

K sorry I'm done hating

Old 01-12-2011, 07:04 PM
July 2010 ROTM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Thanks JP. sheesh all I was trying to say is exactly what you said, that the F4i has gear lash. and yes it DOSENT matter...just stating the characteristic for christ sake!

And "Yo" Tommy- well your just plain old a muppet...go back from under your bridge..(that means your a troll)

K sorry I'm done hating

man dude just quit. if u think it has gear lash, then say that....not ......due to poor design and tolerances the f4i is terribly engineered compared to the o so perfect smooth shifting rr or some bs to that effect. people check these boards before they get f4is, they r gonna read this and think that all f4is r built poorly due to a "clunky" gearbox. to me clunky implies crappy. go edit to say what u really meant if u meant gear lash

Old 01-12-2011, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by vangill
man dude just quit. if u think it has gear lash, then say that....not ......due to poor design and tolerances the f4i is terribly engineered compared to the o so perfect smooth shifting rr or some bs to that effect. people check these boards before they get f4is, they r gonna read this and think that all f4is r built poorly due to a "clunky" gearbox. to me clunky implies crappy. go edit to say what u really meant if u meant gear lash
Umm I said poor design? I actually follow up every sentence regarding the F4i's gearbox with a positive e.g. its record shows it lasts...I guess you should delete the post on the sticky "F4i super review that states early model F4is have clunky gearboxes" huh?

So if someone checks this board and the take home message they get from a post like this is "F4i's have chitty gearboxes" then ya...they don't deserve an F4i...bc they would by default have 16 brain cells, and tbh, the less of them on street the safer the roads will be

I'll quote again
"Honda gearboxes on early models are known to be a bit clunky, they are just like that and it’s not a fault."

Mod..please delete the super review sticky...It is wrong!!!!

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 01-12-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And now I call it. Everyone's had their say and don't tink much more is gonna come out of here.