F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 01:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i

I just got back from test driving a 100% stock gorgeous 1 owner Black 2007 RR with 12k on it. Below are my opinions.

The ergos on the RR are not SIGNIFICANTLY more aggressive as I had thought/read versus the F4i

The tank is much narrower than the F4i (I like the F4i's better)

The whole bike (RR) seems like a toy - Good and bad

HESD steering is a tad harder but overall steering is much better on the RR

Brakes....wow do they grab

Smoother, shorter throws on the gear box for the RR. No more clunky clunk. Shifting is WAY less noisy and seemless than the ole F4i

Given the clutch lever may need tightening, Feathering the clutch in first takes a little more work as the bike will attempt to stall quicker if you dont get the clutch/throttle right

From about 6k rpm and up the RR pulls pretty hard...

Now I banged through all the gears revving to redline numerous times and I must say that the RR is a bit more responsive and "flickable" esp in the higher rpm's

Overall, I LOVE the looks of the 2007 over the F4i, and YES it is a lighter, quicker accelerating bike not to mention the newer technology of the motor and smoothness of the gearbox....but ultimately, it feels more like a toy than a motorcycle. I am not 100% sold on making the switch right now, but I am not deterred after riding one

I just love my dang F4i so much.....

Old 01-08-2011, 04:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you nailed it on the head. Pretty much everything you said sounds just about right.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:50 PM

Dude , learn to ride your bike "properly" then move on......still riding my 2001 f4i & loving it!

Old 01-08-2011, 07:13 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Is that not just about everything I told you lol....

Old 01-09-2011, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by R Dub
Is that not just about everything I told you lol....
Ha! Ya man I was gonna write you an email..you were dead on. The bike was your exact bike! Jeez was the shifting smoother on the 07!!! It def. felt like it accelerated quicker from 6k and up...I dunno, but the F4i feels like its more torquey down low

Tommysf4i-not sure what you mean, "learn to ride my bike properly?"......

Old 01-09-2011, 02:25 PM
October 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by 600F4inoober
Ha! Ya man I was gonna write you an email..you were dead on. The bike was your exact bike! Jeez was the shifting smoother on the 07!!! It def. felt like it accelerated quicker from 6k and up...I dunno, but the F4i feels like its more torquey down low

Tommysf4i-not sure what you mean, "learn to ride my bike properly?"......
I wouldn't lie to ya. I agree that down low the F4i does feel better. My F4i has a -1 up front so I am sure that helps but in the high range the RR pulls a lot harder.

Yeah Tommy not sure what you mean by that comment. Noober was just stating the differences between the 2 bikes. Not saying his F4i is slow or anything.

Old 01-09-2011, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tommysf4i
Dude , learn to ride your bike "properly" then move on......still riding my 2001 f4i & loving it!

what makes you think he can not ride "properly" sounds like he's not to much of a noob or he wouldn't be able to notice the differences in the bikes.

Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 AM

Don't be a douchebag. Don't ever call somebody out on the forum about how they ride. You don't even know him. We have more and more rookies on this forum that keep running their mouths.

However, yeah that's exactly right. However, if you REALLY wanted to make the RR a more "F4i-like" machine, some risers, rearsets, and a seat would help significantly. That's what I did, went from the F4i to a RR, and quickly realized all the changes, then got rid of the RR. But, I just rode a friends RR with all of the aforementioned mods, and it feels like a peppier F4i! Magical Hondas..

Old 01-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
...I just rode a friends RR with all of the aforementioned mods, and it feels like a peppier F4i! Magical Hondas..
you could just put a 2006 R6 throttle tube on the F4i...it'll make it feel a little more peppy too!

Old 01-10-2011, 01:39 PM

how and the hell did you read his post and even think to say that he cant ride????theres lots of forums on the interwebs that accept shet talk but this aint one bud

move on or act right son....

Quick Reply: Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i