F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 10:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude, im telling you...f4is are are greart little torque machines. I started off on an 01 quite awhile back...and kinda miss it now. Anyways..not really sure if anybody truly knows why they are so torquey? gearing is not different the the RR models ahead of it, and engine doesnt produce huge amounts of torque...but oh well! enjoy it while you have it...its a stunting pro!

Old 01-11-2011, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Personal opinion here:

600F4inoober, I don't believe you've got the experience to fully critique bike performance. You're been riding street since May, correct? And your experience is a CR80, your bike and a test ride on an RR (with maybe a borrowed ride here and there)?

I'm not qualified to critique any bikes but mine (Rain and Ororo). Because I ride them regularly. I do know I started out clunky as chit on my F3. And now, when I'm not riding lazy, I shift smoothly through my F4i's gears. And before I put her up for the winter, she was shifting smooth even when I was riding lazy.

You rode a RR and liked it. Great. But there are people here who have been riding longer than you, whose bikes / riding style yields a completely different riding experience. And right now you're painting 6 years of F4is with a very wide, messy paintbrush when you say things like
Hmmm...never claimed to be a street veteran rider, or make claims outside of what I have noticed (shifting properly) coupled with what is literally written on a sticky on THIS forum..but honestly, and this goes for EVERYONE who reads this post...take what I say with a grain of salt..my feelings won't be hurt

And please don't take offense Kuroshio, but whether "you" have the "street credibility slash certification" that I assume I have not acquired due to the national standard of 3.545xPie years of street riding despite shifting dirt bike gears since I was 8 matters null and when your not lazy, if you shift through your F4i's gears smoothly then kudo's to you my friend...that's your opinion..and someone else riding next to you during this time may disagree that your shifting smoothly...its all subjective here

Old 01-11-2011, 11:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense taken. I'm very mellow nowadays. Catch me when I try to give up smoking in a week... I might fillet and pan sear you

But I've never claimed (and never will claim) to know any range of bikes outside my own, bikes I have direct and very personal experience riding. I've never claimed to have massive experience, regularly asking questions and advice from those I know have far more experience than me (prolly even taking the California Superbike School 2 day camp this summer).

But what I will claim is finding this with the good ole search button
Which I'll note was almost a full 2 months before you even rode it on the street. To me it seems that from the start you've never been fully satisfied with the F4i. And that's fine. A lot of us are very satisfied with ours tho and find it slightly disconcerting to read generalizations of deficiencies that aren't exactly true.

And yes, if I could I'd buy a 2010 CBR600RR. But not because I think I need more performance or because my 06 is dated tech. I just like shiny new toys (which is why I upgrade my phone every year)

Old 01-11-2011, 11:52 PM

No offense taken. I'm very mellow nowadays. Catch me when I try to give up smoking in a week... I might fillet and pan sear you

But I've never claimed (and never will claim) to know any range of bikes outside my own, bikes I have direct and very personal experience riding. I've never claimed to have massive experience, regularly asking questions and advice from those I know have far more experience than me (prolly even taking the California Superbike School 2 day camp this summer).

But what I will claim is finding this with the good ole search button

Which I'll note was almost a full 2 months before you even rode it on the street. To me it seems that from the start you've never been fully satisfied with the F4i. And that's fine. A lot of us are very satisfied with ours tho and find it slightly disconcerting to read generalizations of deficiencies that aren't exactly true.

And yes, if I could I'd buy a 2010 CBR600RR. But not because I think I need more performance or because my 06 is dated tech. I just like shiny new toys (which is why I upgrade my phone every year)
Ha...I liked that phone comment. I too like shiny new things and the latest technology..but I by no means am not satisfied with my F4i so I apologize if I come off that way...how in the bee's knee's do you or anyone else find this post even slightly disconcerting? If anything its the opposite, reread the post.

I'm flattered you must follow my posts! And digging up a random post I made long ago means.....? Oh I get it...it means I don't know what I'm talking about...
That post was "asking" if the clutch characteristics were normal not putting the bike down? Kind of like you think THIS post was putting the F4i down? I see a pattern..

Oh and you should stop smoking It be bad for you

Name:  RacistPanda.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  7.2 KB

Last edited by 600F4inoober; 01-12-2011 at 12:08 AM.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:09 AM

I don't follow your posts. I remember

Old 01-12-2011, 10:20 AM

I don't follow your posts. I remember
Again. I'm flattered.

No offense, but didn't you just recently become a moderator?..just sayin...you may not have the experience to critque my critique

Anyway...no e-thuggin here, let's just stick to the topic, that is if my peasant-folk review of the 07 was acceptable due to my experience level Don't want peeps diggin up my post and getting some wrong info cha-know

Old 01-12-2011, 12:59 PM

My remembering isn't a good thing. Going back over the post history was just to make sure I wasn't misremembering the wrong person that wanted to know about clutchless shifting before they actually got out of the parking lot and on the road.

But anywho, no worries. It's just my personal opinion. And speaking for my F4i. I could be wrong and the thousands of F4is (minus mine and vangill's) are clunky as heck

Old 01-12-2011, 04:50 PM

Would you two grow up and stop taking subtle shots at each other? The point is moot. Compared to a lot of other bike the f4i has a lot of gear lash. Is it a fault? No. Just different. Does it matter? NO!

And kuro you're a mod. You should know better.

Noober. He's a mod. YOU should know better!

For the record, I liked the review.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by jp_greenville13
Would you two grow up and stop taking subtle shots at each other? The point is moot. Compared to a lot of other bike the f4i has a lot of gear lash. Is it a fault? No. Just different. Does it matter? NO!

And kuro you're a mod. You should know better.

Noober. He's a mod. YOU should know better!

For the record, I liked the review.
JP for president? Who wants to start the poll?

It is a good review though, so let's stick to that. And who cares about gearboxes? All Honda's are pieces of **** anyway..

Old 01-12-2011, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Junior2552
JP for president? Who wants to start the poll?

It is a good review though, so let's stick to that. And who cares about gearboxes? All Honda's are pieces of **** anyway..

You should join my coup! :P
https://cbrforum.com/forum/showthrea...highlight=coup

Quick Reply: Test rode a 2007 RR - My Opinions versus the ole F4i