F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question about homemade fender eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by supersnake83
Those frame sliders don't really offer much strength being screwed in where that fairing bolt goes, unless the previous owner did some heavy frame modification to make the screw well extra strong.

I would recommend you get some "cut" frame sliders ASAP as they offer the most strength, being that the bolt used replaced an engine bolt.

Great looking bike and great job on the DIY fender eliminator.

By the way, is that a clear alternatives integrated taillight?
Ya I noticed that to be honest they will be coming off eventually as i'm not a big fan of where they are either. I don't plan on putting any sliders back on as for the amount of km on the bike and what I paid if I crash it there will be no point of recovery I will just part it out.

Thanks I am more then surprised and happy with how it turned out as well.

Yes it is a clear alternatives integrated taillight.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:01 PM

when u did your FE wasnt there a gap between the aluminum and the battery tray?? bc i just would sound like there would be one unless you drill some screws in that gap to make there not be that hole... and i probably shouldnt matter being the hole would be on the bottom of the bike under ur ***, im just saying since the term "out of site, out of mind" wouldnt word since u would no its there, and for me that would just bother the **** out of me

Old 07-08-2011, 05:39 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can do it a couple of ways. That's the great thing about making your own. If you copy the CompetitionWerkes FE style, you can either attach it by a couple of screws to the battery tray or not.

When I still had the banana tail, I made my own FE (pics in one of the DIY FE threads). The only thing that the FE itself was attached to were the two bolt holes on the bottom side of the tail cowl. That way, I could pull off the tail cowl & the FE would come off w/ it. Where the battery tray was cut back, it was still attached to the inside of the subframe at the inside corners. When the tail cowl was attached to the subframe, the FE fit snugly right up next to the battery tray. I had no need for screws but a couple of them wouldn't have hurt & would've served as peace of mind to prevent water/debris from getting up in there...but I never had any problems, even riding in the rain.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:15 PM

sweet going to go buy some stuff tomorrow and wait for my tail to come n sometime next week, but thats what i was thinking to put a couple screws in it if it didnt mount up snug to the battery tray... i mean as u seen with the pix i sent u gotcbr that i dont need to use alot of material to cover up that hole

Old 07-19-2011, 10:56 PM
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 PM

still working on mine, since its so hot cant really do anything without breaking a sweat, but still trying to figure out how to mount the f4i taillight since i dont have any place to mount it due to the battery tray not having mounting holes for it