F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Question about homemade fender eliminator

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default It's done!!!

Okay.

So, here is how mine look. Complete with the new integrated taillight.

Thanks for all of the directions and photos.

I followed the same thing you did, gotcbr, and did away with the lock. The main reason is because I would have had to get really meticulous to make the same hole structure for the lock as it needs something to be tacked down to. My only problem is a few treads were already broken off of the end of the lock cable. I just hope it won't give as I use the under-seat compartment for my shades and air pressure checker and some other things.

Here is one picture. I will upload more later. Got to get dinner!

Thanks again for all of the help.

Name:  Fendereliminator.jpg
Views: 1724
Size:  66.3 KB

Attached Thumbnails Question about homemade fender eliminator-fender-eliminator1.jpg  

Last edited by supersnake83; 03-29-2010 at 07:17 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:57 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good! :-) I like that tail light too. Glad you got it done & that I could help.

Old 03-29-2010, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Looks good! :-) I like that tail light too. Glad you got it done & that I could help.
Thanks.

I'll post up some more pictures soon. I took a couple, but just haven't had time to upload them to my photobucket account.

Your directions were flawless. At first, I was scared when I was cutting away the old fender using my angle grinder, but I just took my time and tried to just cut it high enough (so the sheet metal could fit).

All in all, it was very easy and after the initial cutting of the cardboard, it really is like a 2 hour job.

Thanks, and I'll get some more pictures up in a day or so. Way too busy with school!

Old 06-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man are there picture of people doing this to a split seat?

Old 06-04-2010, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Krux
Man are there picture of people doing this to a split seat?
Hey - on the previous page I referenced my build pics. I have an '01 split seat. Here's the link again: https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/where-find-insturctions-diy-fender-eliminator-107322/

Old 07-03-2011, 09:40 PM

Here is the one I just finished last week using the post I found on this forum. Worked out better then expected and the best part was the total thing cost $20.00 and a few hours of my time.

Items used:
12x24 Sheet Metal (Home Depot)
1.5"x1.5" Aluminum L Channel (Home Depot)
Black Paint
Black Rubber Vehicle Trim
DEI Universal License Plate LED

Old 07-04-2011, 03:06 PM

liking it RB where did u get the frame sliders to fit in that screw place rather then cutting your fender,and from what i see this looks like all you need is some common sense and u can do it

Old 07-04-2011, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by cuetip
liking it RB where did u get the frame sliders to fit in that screw place rather then cutting your fender,and from what i see this looks like all you need is some common sense and u can do it
Thanks man...as for the sliders they came on the bike so I have no idea. I will tell you they took awhile to get used to my shins took a beating the first few rides when backing up.

Old 07-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Ok lol just thought I would ask since that seems like the easiest place to put them, rather then cutting your fairing and I bet I would mess up my shins since bikes don't have reverse lol which sux

Old 07-05-2011, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by rbjeepthing
Thanks man...as for the sliders they came on the bike so I have no idea. I will tell you they took awhile to get used to my shins took a beating the first few rides when backing up.
Those frame sliders don't really offer much strength being screwed in where that fairing bolt goes, unless the previous owner did some heavy frame modification to make the screw well extra strong.

I would recommend you get some "cut" frame sliders ASAP as they offer the most strength, being that the bolt used replaced an engine bolt.

Great looking bike and great job on the DIY fender eliminator.

By the way, is that a clear alternatives integrated taillight?

Quick Reply: Question about homemade fender eliminator