F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Pod filter questions.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:05 AM
Default Pod filter questions.

I've got this crazy idea rolling around in my head that involves turning my F4i into a streetfighter. I'd like to bob the tail and will need a place to put the wires, relays and a smaller battery so it's not all hanging out. The only place I can think of is in the space that the airbox takes up, which would require using pod filters.

My questions are...

Who makes pod filters for the bike, and if nobody does, would it just be a matter of cutting the bell off the velocity stacks and clamping some K&N's on there?

Second, since the bike is going to be fightered, it's going to become my commuter bike (My RC51 will be the canyon bike), and in that function, speeds won't be more than 70 MPH, so there won't be much ram air action going on... Given that info, how adversely will the pods affect the performance? I'm also planning a very different exhaust than what's on there, so I'll be retuning with a PCIII.

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:47 PM

OMG RUN!!! ZOMBIE THREAD!!

I'm encountering the same thing. I'm looking at tail, swingarm, front end modifications and would love a place to move some electronics to.

But I know there will be a performance decrease with the elimination of the airbox... and I know nobody "makes a set for the f4i" but theres just the issue of finding some that fit and they come in all shapes and sizez...

By question is
How badly does it hurt performance?

I only ride twisties and back roads with zero "top speed" runs and therefore am primarily interested in torque and only it's presence up to 7-8krpms. I really should ride a twin or triple... but $$