F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

illegal inspection

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In Vermont they let ALOT slide...

whos got some more pics mounted on their battery box?

Old 10-09-2009, 12:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VTcbr
In Vermont they let ALOT slide...

whos got some more pics mounted on their battery box?
Keep some money saved up for the tickets

Old 10-09-2009, 02:24 AM

Here in VT i ripped a 2 o'clock wheelie last October during my last ride before storage. The cop let me go stating there is no exact ticket he can stencil up for doing a wheelie. Anyhow, they really do let alot slide here. Debating on wether or not to mount on my battery box or tucked underneath coming from my undertail.

Most people don't realize how much thought we put into the smallest decisions having to do with our bikes!

Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 AM

Here in VT i ripped a 2 o'clock wheelie last October during my last ride before storage. The cop let me go stating there is no exact ticket he can stencil up for doing a wheelie. Anyhow, they really do let alot slide here. Debating on wether or not to mount on my battery box or tucked underneath coming from my undertail.

Most people don't realize how much thought we put into the smallest decisions having to do with our bikes!
In my life time I have been let off on alot of minor offenses. But almost everytime I did something I knew would get me in trouble but thought 'ah no they let me slid' I got in major shyt over. Its your life, money, and bike so do what you want.

I like the tag under the battery when done right, not mutilated, bent to shyt, etc to get em to fit under there. To be honest theres not really enough room to allow for wheel travel under there either, hence why most pix you see the tag is bent to hell or at a bad angle that will get you pulled over for too.

GL

Old 10-09-2009, 04:12 AM

I just took two small 1" pieces of flat stock and bent them at an angle and mounted the license plate to the undertail. They make bolts that you can use to hold the plate to the brackets that have lights in them. Not sure if you've considered anything like this or not.

Old 10-09-2009, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
In my life time I have been let off on alot of minor offenses. But almost everytime I did something I knew would get me in trouble but thought 'ah no they let me slid' I got in major shyt over. Its your life, money, and bike so do what you want.

I like the tag under the battery when done right, not mutilated, bent to shyt, etc to get em to fit under there. To be honest theres not really enough room to allow for wheel travel under there either, hence why most pix you see the tag is bent to hell or at a bad angle that will get you pulled over for too.

GL

If you take your time and plan it out there is no reason in the world why you have to mutilate and bend the shyt out of your plate to make it fit on the battery box or sleekly under the undertail.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:12 AM

If you take your time and plan it out there is no reason in the world why you have to mutilate and bend the shyt out of your plate to make it fit on the battery box or sleekly under the undertail.
Maybe but I see it done daily. Tag is either beat to hell from someone beating it to death to get it mounted, or think they slick and round it (which is illegal). Or dont allow clearance for the movement of the swingarm and it beats it to death.

Look at mine...
Name:  S6300325.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  146.1 KB

Where its spose to be and looks good to boot. Yea it would look better if you couldnt see the tag at all, but it isnt worth the trouble, risk, and hassle to me.

Old 10-09-2009, 09:56 AM

Yea I can't see what makes stuffing the tag down under the batt box so much better... then you stack on top of that the fact that it's very illegal. Maybe 99 out of 100 times you get away with it... but its the same reasoning as helmets, gloves, boots, jackets. You don't set yourself up for those 99 times, you put yourself in a good position to survive that 1 in 100 occurrence.

Just seems like hard-headedness and poor judgement to me, no offense meant. What is the reward you're gaining from taking on that risk?

Like others have said, here in FL they would pull you over when they saw that tag just to see what else they can get on you, then they'd fine you out the *** for it. But hey, you seem to think you know every cop in VT and apparently none of them up there have bad days when they just want to take it out on an unsuspecting biker..