F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

How do you warm up your tires now that it's a bit colder?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2005, 07:13 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do you warm up your tires now that it's a bit colder?

ORIGINAL: lou19604

TIRE WARMERS always worked good for me if not then get the heat gun. I do the weaving and SCIENTIFICALLY i dont know what it does nor do i care but it looks good and helps me belive i will stick better. if you apply common sense. It does help the outside warm up because IF DRIVING straight warms the middle then driving a little on the side should warm that up too

Tyre compounds are made to disperse heat through the whole tyre, so as the centre heats and the air pressure rises also, it will warm the rest of the tyre. Otherwise you`d have major problems on track where most corners are on one side of the tyre e.g here there mostly right handers so if a tyre didn`t spread the heat efficiently you`d cook the right side of the tyre and the left would feel cool.

Old 11-26-2005, 01:30 PM

Wow, I guess this article goes to show that we should really:

1). Know our course.
2). Don't over drive our machine.
3). Don't over drive as a rider.
4). Do more research.

Thanks for the article. Just yesterday I was weaving to warm up my tires becuase I knew a long wide sweeping turn was coming up and that traffic was about to let go. I hummed around the turn with the belief that my tire efforts were a good thing. I guess my bike was ready no matter how much "warming" I did on the street.

Old 02-01-2008, 05:37 PM

dude...just do a phat *** burn out and get that bitch sticky! and u will be good

Old 02-01-2008, 05:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok if weaving does nothing to warm the tires. Why do we see the AMA and MotoGP guys do it all the tyme? Or are some here just smarter than the pros making millions racing?

Old 02-01-2008, 05:58 PM

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

ok if weaving does nothing to warm the tires. Why do we see the AMA and MotoGP guys do it all the tyme? Or are some here just smarter than the pros making millions racing?
possibly to get that film off new tires?

Lower your tire pressure and do a small burn out to warm it up.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: mcvaaahhh

I've heard a lot of guys say that they weave to scrub the dirt/sand/junk off of their tires before strafing the canyons. I wonder if it does any good (for scrubbing)?

Be really careful on cold tires. A lot of you probably already read about my experience last week. [:@]
i could be 110% wrong here (no im not being a smart ***, the comp. im using at the moment isnt very bright at all.....on its brightest setting, so pics are pretty dark) but the pic of your tires seems like it has some dried up salty residue on it. im in MD and riding through the winter......and i've seen what that salty residue looks like on my tire when i get home from work/riding......looks sorta like that pic of your tire. i could be wrong, but that could be a contributing factor as to why you went down.

Old 02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nauree

ORIGINAL: PlayfulGod

possibly to get that film off new tires?

Lower your tire pressure and do a small burn out to warm it up.
burn outs are stupid n waste the tire so thats not an option. My tires get warmed up on the 15 mile ride to the mountain so lol.