F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

F4i vs 600RR not same ol thread

Old 01-31-2008, 06:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4i vs 600RR not same ol thread

Alright guys I'm the proud owner of a '01 F4i. Well we're really slow this time of year at the shop so we started fooling with my bike today. We're synching the throttle bodies and stuff like that. Well it turns out I had to leave my bike over night. One of the mechanics buddies RR is in there for some cosmetic repairs and to have a slip-on put on. So I rode the RR home. I don't want this to sound like I'm saying the RR isn't a great bike because it is. I, however, was not really impressed. The front end seemed "twitchy" I guess is the right word, maybe "touchy" is the word. I didn't like the balance as well. And maybe it's me but it didn't seem as strong as my F4i. Now I have gone down one tooth on the front sprocket but other than that my bike is stock, even the exhaust. I also have to stoop down to see the entire instrument cluster on the RR. Didn't like that. Maybe it's cause I'm 6'4"(that's probably it) but it just didn't fit like the F4i. It's a nice bike, well built, put together well, balanced fairly well, good power band, you know a Honda, but not for me. Just sharing my experience and opinion. Let me know if ya'll have ridden both and your opinions. Later guys.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:35 PM
Default RE: F4i vs 600RR not same ol thread

You didn't say what year RR it was! Makes a big difference. I bet it wasn't an '07

Old 01-31-2008, 07:45 PM
Retired Moderator

What year is the RR? Just curious.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The RR is more race like that a F4i too. That touchy steering is why they do so well on a track n why we warn n00bs to stay aways from them lol.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM

remind me never to leave my bike at the dealership....

did your mechanics buddy know you rode his bike?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:16 PM

Sorry ya'll it's an '04. Yeah I'm pretty sure the '07 would have been alot different. It's got to be good if it's been reviewed as the best 600cc bike yet. I know the '08 has the HESD, but did the '07 I think that might have made a big difference for me. And Krash yeah they knew. I don't ever ride anyone's bike without them knowing. I've actually met the girl that owns the bike but I just don't know her as well as the mechanic does. We called Julie to get her ok and let her know it would be inside and well taken care of. Playfulgod I can definitely see why you'd try to keep new riders from this bike. My F4i is my first sportbike and I've been really happy with it. I think I wanted this to be more of me expressing how happy I am with my bike rather than down playing the RR. It's a great bike but I think it's a more purpose built bike (track).

Old 01-31-2008, 09:19 PM

ORIGINAL: clemsonf4i
It's a great bike but I think it's a more purpose built bike (track).

Really?

Old 01-31-2008, 09:28 PM

Yeah I mean I guess it'd make a good track bike. I mean if I just had money out the wazoo I'd be getting a Hyosung GT250R. Greatest bike of all time hands down. I have no idea why I'm even on a Honda. But seriously, like I said in my first post, I just think the F4i fits me better.

Old 02-01-2008, 03:39 AM
Banned

Before I bought my bike I rode my buddies 051kRR alot and really trulyhated the ergos, I assumed the 600rr is/was similar that is why I got the 2006 F4i. No amount of power/handling/grip/looks is worth being uncomfortable, the RRs are wonderful bikes, but too specialized for me. After 11,000 miles in two years (whichI think isalot since I work out of my home and have 3 other cars), I look at all those race ready bikes and am glad I didn't get sucked into the hype that the magazines are pushing.

edit: even though the magazines claim to love these RR type bikes, they alway have great things to say about the standards like theV-strom, Duc Monsterand the Sv650, it kinda makes me wonder.

Old 02-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even an 05 would've ridden better.
it also comes down to what your'e used to...and that the rr is not friendly for tall *****.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F4i vs 600RR not same ol thread