F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 03:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea ffor some reason I like clutchin it better..I think its tha high speeds that get me

Old 01-05-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by xjoewhitex
I don't like powering up at all really, it kinda scares me because of the speed you must be at to pull it. But ive got stock gearing, and I pulled it up in first on mine. Wasn't crazy wheelie stuntin but I pulled it up. Clutching is so much more fun..
I don't try to wheelie.. it just happens if I get on it.. If I was trying to wheelie I would clutch it up.

Old 01-07-2010, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by GDM YO
I guess those stickers, and underglow go with your attitude to riding.

You ride with a good group through some twisties and I promise riding will not be boring.
+1! Lol

Old 01-07-2010, 06:29 PM

hey guy not to try and change the thread but would i have to send my injectors out to get cleaned or could i do it my self....and for the ecm as long as it works i dont need to replace that right....

Old 01-28-2010, 05:30 PM

The previous owner has a 520 chain and +1 in the rear..he had told me he did a -1 in the front (but got less mpg) so he put back on the front stock sprocket. Well what's the front do if you -1 it??? And can I keep/use my same chain?

Old 01-29-2010, 07:39 PM

When I first bought my F4i and it was stock, it scared the sh*t out of me. I rode dirt bikes for years and had no problems with wheelies, but on a sportbike it happens at much higher speeds. I think that's why some get the impression that an F4i won't power wheelie. It scares them the first time the wheel comes up at 50+ mph, then they subconsciously try to kiss the front fender after that. Just takes some getting used to and getting your weight back some on the seat.

As GDM YO said, slack up on the wheelies and ride with a good group through some twisties and you won't be bored. But, there are those times when you may be riding with a slower group or some beginners and things do get boring. Rather than being an a$$ and passing the group, that's when I usually drop back a bit from the group and wheelie myself out of boredom. At least I'm still in the back of the pack to help if one of the beginners gets in trouble and I'm not intimidating any of them to ride above their ability by trying to keep up.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....wheelies abuse the bike. They're hard on the clutch, chain, sprockets, and tires. I've also seen a lot of blown fork seals when they come down hard. Be ready to spend money for these parts and repairs. If you can afford it though, enjoy it. It's only money. LOL

Old 01-31-2010, 05:46 PM

My buddy had told me to try my left foot on the back passenger peg, when I. Wheelie.. That can be done right?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by CBR300
My buddy had told me to try my left foot on the back passenger peg, when I. Wheelie.. That can be done right?
Your talking about a SS (stagered standup). If your new to wheelies than power them up. You will have a hard time trying to clutch, use your throttle, and cover your rear brake at the same time... As you advance you can add those things but your mind must get used to the front tire being in the air first...

1. Wear gear!
2. Go to an empty lot, or industrial zone without traffic.
3. You want to find your power band. Most of the time you do this by cutting the RPM's in half. This is usually where the power band starts. Example: If the bike revs to 14K than 7K is where the powerband starts.
4. Get into the powerband than chop your throttle off, the forks will compress, as they come back up crack the gas again.
5. Poof! Your wheel will come up. Remember this is nothing more than THROTTLE CONTROL!
6. You may want to drop your rear tire down to around 22PSI for this as well. This will give you more of a contact patch. Gearing, if you want to use the bike to comute and do wheelies +5 or 6 in the rear.

Other than that good luck!

Old 02-01-2010, 12:37 AM

I could power wheelie my F4I without much problem. However, my 600RR did it MUCH easier.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Monstrosity
If your new to wheelies than power them up. You will have a hard time trying to clutch, use your throttle, and cover your rear brake at the same time... As you advance you can add those things but your mind must get used to the front tire being in the air first...
worst advice ever. sorry but you don't tell someone new to a bike to power it up, it is MUCH harder to find the balance point while powering up than it is while clutching it up.

If you want to just feel what its like to get the front tire off the ground for a second then yes blip the throttle and power it but if you want to LEARN to wheelie than learn with the clutch.

I do agree 100% on covering your rear brake, it has saved my *** more than once.

On a side note I learned to wheelie with my left foot on the back passanger pedal.