CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   F4i - Main Forum (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/)
-   -   Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without (https://cbrforum.com/forum/f4i-main-forum-11/does-af4i-have-power-wheelie-without-104128/)

jharbinson 12-17-2009 11:17 AM

Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without

using the clutch?? I have owned mine for a year and have gone -1 on the front sprocket and haven't got the front tire up yet. I have not really been trying to either but I have cracked open the throttle many times and it hasn't ever lifted the front. I remember before I started riding being scared that I'd crack the throttle and be on my ass but that hasn't been the case, thank god. So does your f4i have enough power to wheelie wothout clutching it up and if so what gear were you in???

vangill 12-17-2009 11:52 AM

how tight is your chain? i think you should be able to power it up. mines got a loose chain and stock gearing and i can get it up, not stand it up, but at least a foot off the ground- then i always get scared and slam it down. ive never tried to dump the clutch. maybe when it gets warmer

Zero1080 12-17-2009 12:10 PM

Clutch. Trust me. Powered for a while, and I've brought it up way to high before. Clutch only now. Just clutch in first. Same speed and as good as powering.

jharbinson 12-17-2009 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Zero1080 (Post 866600)
Clutch. Trust me. Powered for a while, and I've brought it up way to high before. Clutch only now. Just clutch in first. Same speed and as good as powering.

I hear ya... I am not really asking whats the best way to do it but if the f4i has enough power to do it without using the clutch. Mine doesn't seem to have enough power but I do weigh 205lbs.

vangill 12-17-2009 12:23 PM

i dont think you weigh too much i think its more a matter of good timing when you power it up.

Sick97SS 12-17-2009 12:28 PM

Are you kidding??? The F4i is a wheelie machine!!! My front wheel is off the ground at some point every time I ride (stock gears). It's just way too much fun. And im still riding daily here in Maryland, mid December.

Clutching or not, you must not be trying at all if you havent gotten the wheel up in 3 years...:icon_doh:

__Z__ 12-17-2009 12:32 PM

:icon_attention:+1

alot of stunters use the f4i due to the fact that it is well balanced as well as the fact that they are easy to pull the front tire up on.....

PlayfulGod 12-17-2009 12:44 PM

if it was meant to be on 1 wheel it would have only came with one wheel. Why ppl always got to show their asses?

__Z__ 12-17-2009 12:46 PM

mines stays on two wheels i have to much invested to risk puttin her on the pavement

PlayfulGod 12-17-2009 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by zmds18 (Post 866615)
mines stays on two wheels i have to much invested to risk puttin her on the pavement

lol I much rather not put me on the pavement (again) ;)