F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Today I was riding and I tried the cluth thing and it came off the ground like 2inches haha I got scared and dropped throttle :/ but I kno it will work! I also tried just throttle and 1st but didn't wanna lift

Old 12-21-2009, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by CBR300
Today I was riding and I tried the cluth thing and it came off the ground like 2inches haha I got scared and dropped throttle :/ but I kno it will work! I also tried just throttle and 1st but didn't wanna lift
When you're cruising at higher revs in 1st (lets say 8k) roll off the throttle and you gotta get back on it HARD, meaning you go WOT and it WILL come up.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:43 AM

I've been having trouble lifting the front too. I've even tried it going up a hill, in first, sitting back, and dropping it at 5k and WOT after. I have yet to bring it up. I did one time however feel the front very light and I "think" it wiggled. It was dark and I was a bit nervous. Couldn't really tell.

Does suspension/rebound settings have a lot to do with it? The previous owner was pretty heavy and I think it was set to his weight. I'm 180 and he was at least 280-300.

Since we're on this topic, how bad is it for your bike to clutch wheelie? I tried that once and smelled something burning...

Last edited by F4ith; 12-21-2009 at 12:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^It's not "good" for your clutch. But since it is a wearable product, and will have to replaced EVENTUALLY, wheelies just wear it faster. Of course dumping it and stuff like that is just bad for the bike all around, but you shouldn't smell anything burning.

Suspension does, depending on what kind of wheelies, if you're just going to bring up the front a foot or so, not vital, but if you're going to be riding them out, stand ups, etc, you want to set up the bike to be able to ride properly. I have it set fairly firm all around so there isn't a lot of weight transfer, and the power goes right to the back wheel.

That "wiggle" you guys are feeling is the onset of a wheelie. Basically, you're losing traction, and since you're putting more pressure on one side of the bars, it just "wiggles" the front wheel. A good idea from that point is to say one of two things. A) That was scary, and I don't like it at all. or B) I just swallow my fear, give it more gas, and I can do a wheelie.

Old 12-21-2009, 01:29 AM

Steering dampers help... :P

Old 12-21-2009, 07:08 AM

yes, I would even go as far to say they are easy to power up. All you have to do is what was already explained, "blip" the throttle in 1st and the front will come up. My front tire is off the ground at least once everytime I ride.

Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Good to read everyone's replies as I am not feeling like my bike is under-performing anymore. When I 1st bought the bike I expected a wheelie to occur whenever I really got on it, which is not what I want just an expectation from being a newbie...

Old 12-21-2009, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by jharbinson
Good to read everyone's replies as I am not feeling like my bike is under-performing anymore. When I 1st bought the bike I expected a wheelie to occur whenever I really got on it, which is not what I want just an expectation from being a newbie...
you are not alone, I expected the same thing when I first got my bike. I didn't think it was under-performing but I will admit I was scared to get on hard because I thought it would wheelie and possibly flip haha I got used to the throttle though and now have even changed my gearing -1 in the front and +2 in the rear so that I have even more low end torque, because I personally love the feeling of acceleration more than the feeling of "going fast"

Last edited by Jmclmorrow; 12-21-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're having problems doing a wheelie on the f4i?.

Anything with 2 wheels can be wheelied. a n y t h i n g.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 PM

Wow lololol Funny pic hahaha

Quick Reply: Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without