F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried so many times to accelrate real fast in first gear and could never get it off the ground, even positioning myself as far back as possible. Gave up for awhile.

Then recently tried the clutch method, it jumped right up. One time very high a few feet off the ground and scared the crap out of me.

I try it every once and awhile, but in no way have perfected it. I don't have health insurance and the bikes not insured. So the risk is definitely not worth the reward, the same reason I don't go 160 on the freeway anymore.

2005, everything stock.

Old 12-17-2009, 01:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

best luck I've had. May not work for you, and I don't want to turn this into a "how to wheelie and what works" thread, but bring it to 5k, roll off for a moment to let the shocks compress and then snap it up to about 8-9k. i set my rebound to max stiffness, that way, the front tire comes right up, and doesn't "fall away" when you get on it. Also change your back shock to a harder setting. I have yet to try that. Just so you don't lose power through the compression on your way up.

I will take the bike out over Christmas, I'm at school now, but I can't wait for some crazy cold weather riding.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 PM

simple answer is yes it does... Try zero's method.. roll on get to 5-6k,hard off so the engine brakeing compresses the font shock, then twist it hard. i'm 200lbs and can do it consistantly. try scootching your butt back on the seat. it's amazing what a few inches difference in weight ditribution will do.

Old 12-17-2009, 05:02 PM

Does it matter your mods that u have on the bike? I have rear +1. And 2 bros slip on . I weigh about 225

Old 12-17-2009, 05:56 PM

If you know what you are doing yes it will come up.. First and possibly second.. i ride -1 in the front and i can crack on it in first any rpm and it will come up and with a little playing in second it will.. Its mostly skill then the machine..

Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by CBR300
Does it matter your mods that u have on the bike? I have rear +1. And 2 bros slip on . I weigh about 225
Weight should make it easier if you slide back in your seat a bit. The exhaust won't matter at all. And you should be able, I'd assume, to still wheelie no problem with a +1 rear.

Best bet is clutchin' it

thread/

Old 12-18-2009, 03:19 PM

i use zero's method and it goes very well... also work in second but i have to pull hard on the steering at the same time lol .. i dont understand the clutch thing...i cant get to lift lol.... im stupid i know lol...

Old 12-19-2009, 10:56 PM

^Try it in first. Just use the same revs roughly, but use the clutch to jump it up. I can't get it in second yet. I think I just need to readjust my shocks and try again. Not stupid, just need to practice. Just PM me if you have any more detailed questions so we don't keep bumping a thread.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
mines stays on two wheels i have to much invested to risk puttin her on the pavement
Totally Agree...But to keep on topic, I turned onto a pretty long straight away one day and just ripped her open and it felt like i was about to lift off my front end got really light and the front tire started to wiggled...Scared the sh*t out of me (this was my first season ever riding) so yeah I have fun doing little mods and stuff but definitely dont want to risk putting her down...

Old 12-20-2009, 08:52 AM

^Same here. First full season of riding. The first time I did the same thing ^, the second was another accidental wheelie that came up about 1.5-2 feet. A car load of teeny bops pulled up next to me at a red light, they were behind us and their lane ended, I dunno what they were thinking. The light turned green and I wasn't about to let them get in front of me, so twist the wrist I did. As the wheel came up I got nervous, but remembered "don't fight the bike" just let it do what its gonna do, once I shifted the front came down and the permagrin ensued. At the next light my bro-in-law asked me if I did it on purpose, and said it looked pretty good. Then I told him "try that on your Harley"....So long story short Yes it does.

Quick Reply: Does aF4I have the power to wheelie without