F4i - Main Forum Main F4i discussion board

THE CCTL Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011 | 12:55 AM

I ride with ear plugs when i'm on the highway which is pretty much 90% of the time, the other day I went for a ride without ear plugs and I realized how freaking loud that thing is! This winter my bike goes under the knife... I have a lot of stuff to do to it, including the CCTL....

Old 12-31-2011 | 05:48 PM

Timing Chain Noise CBR600 F4i How to Fix It. - YouTube

Hey guys, I think I've read through the thread, but I might have missed this topic...

The video above says you can manually adjust the stock tensioner... without removing it from the bike! Would this work for those of us who have the rattling problem?

FYI, my F4i is an 02 model with 16xxx miles.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by InlandEmpireRider; 01-04-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 03-01-2012 | 12:21 PM

Ok, I've been reading on this thread up until pg 12. Did anyone ever decide whether or not adjusting the stock CCTL is a viable option? Will the noise go away? Or is it absolutely necessary to order a new part?

Old 03-02-2012 | 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Suave
Ok, I've been reading on this thread up until pg 12. Did anyone ever decide whether or not adjusting the stock CCTL is a viable option? Will the noise go away? Or is it absolutely necessary to order a new part?
Your just going to have to order a new one

Old 03-03-2012 | 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by pittsm
Your just going to have to order a new one
Thank you sir!

Old 03-09-2012 | 05:07 PM

Just replaced mine today, took much longer than it should have due to the gasket being seemingly glued onto the motor. Half of it came off fine then the rest had to be scraped w/ the only screwdriver I could get in there. I ended up getting most of it off but scrapped up the metal the gasket goes over on the motor. I'm sure plenty of little pieces of the old gasket fell in the motor. I should have just left the old gasket on there and not used the new one I ordered, would have saved a lot of time and headache. Anyway the new cctl is on, tightened the bolts as best I could, hopefully it won't leak on me.

Old 03-13-2012 | 09:09 AM

Just replaced mine with the APE, took 20 minutes to drain the tank take fairing off and remove airbox... then it took about 4 hours to replace the part because the throttle body didnt want to come off. Speaking of, I forgot to tighten the metal brackets on the top of the throttle body, anyone think they'll be ok until next monday? I tried with all of my might to unassemble the throttle body and it wasn't going anywhere.

Old 03-13-2012 | 02:39 PM

Wow you did a lot more than you should have. I just followed this guide https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...l-pics-116975/ you didn't have to remove your gas tank and air box. My biggest headache was trying to remove the stubborn old gasket on mine. I don't know about the bracket though, haven't torn that far into my bike yet.

Old 03-14-2012 | 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by chambers
Wow you did a lot more than you should have. I just followed this guide https://cbrforum.com/forum/how-mecha...l-pics-116975/ you didn't have to remove your gas tank and air box. My biggest headache was trying to remove the stubborn old gasket on mine. I don't know about the bracket though, haven't torn that far into my bike yet.
I wish I didn't but I expect that required jointed sockets and extensions and Allen head sockets, and I had neither :/ most tools stolen last year...

Old 03-28-2012 | 04:50 PM

has anyone tired this to shut up the chain without buying the new part? How to fix that scary noise on your CBR or TDM bullet bike - YouTube

thinking about trying it, just curious if anyone has had any good luck with it.

Quick Reply: THE CCTL Thread