CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got a big bike

Well, the way I did it last time was with that, "Plastic Weld" stuff. It's a two-part epoxy/resin type stuff and it's got an amazing PSI rating.

Very simple to use and mix, dries in about 15 minutes (sandable) and you'd never know it was there after some paint. I've got some fiberglass now that I've been effing with that rear seat cowl with - I don't like it! Maybe it's because I don't have the right tools (?), I dunno - but ti's not beennice to me!

You get that cage yet Tracking # still shows squat... I think I'm done with USPS - but it sucks because I've seen UPS guys tossing ****. I actually witnessed a DHL guy here get out of his truck, get ready to walk to the door, looked at the package and laid it down. On the ground. Next to nothing. Then left. I'll never use DHL after seeing that. What a dick.

Thanks for the kind words, laddy's. Tomorrow is supposed to be the last day of this snow **** (been snowing here since Decemeber 13th!!!!!!!!!!). I'll be getting **** going then, just sucks that I'm so anxious. I have absolutely no patience.

Old 02-22-2008, 08:21 AM

Havent seen the cage yet, maybe today. not too worried though cause i woke up this
moring to a fresh 4 in. of snow[:@] figures its the day i plan to work on my bike too.
I just got the coils and harness i ordered to get her running again, and still waiting
on the seats from DemonChild... She is coming along slowly but surely. ill get pics up
soon when the weather permits me to pull her out and snap a few.

+1 to the USPS, the "tracking" number they give shows nothing, Just says that they
accepted it at the post office you brought it to.

as for the fiberglass, Thier really arent any tools needed except a small paint brush. the Key
was to do it in super light coats. I did the bottom of a canoe i had and it came out Perfect
and was water tight (kind of important)

I was thinking of buying another tail and rear seat and just fiberglasssing over the
seat to make a "Race" tail.

Old 02-22-2008, 12:13 PM

So, you will be runnin two HIDs, are you doing to leave the middle light hole empty? Or put a stock bulb in there?

I'm not real sure how the wiring goes on the 929 yet, (i need to get a service manual), but once I get some HIDs I'd like to have 1 stock low beam, and 2 HID hi beams. Or 1 HID low, and 2 HID high. If you don't mind, post in here or shoot me a PM on how you'll be wiring them up. Thanks

Old 02-22-2008, 12:26 PM
Banned

I'm just gonna do the two brights. I can't stand bastards that bright the **** out of me just driving down the street sooooo...

Should be super simple man. The OEM leads connect to the ballast, the ballast has leads that connect to the new HID bulbs... easy peasy japanesy!

The only reason I'm doing the HID's is because we do a lot of night riding around here and down to KC in the summer. Last year I was riding with one of my boys and he told me he had a surprise. We got on some back roads to take a trip to KC and he waved me to look at his bike - he flipped his brights on and it was like daytime! Looks cool as **** when they fire up too, jet-engine like.

Anyway, the HID's made a huge difference in comfort in night riding. It literally lights up the hole street. I've got another buddy who has a 929 (actually he has4 of them, all Erions) - I'll post a video of one of our night rides here to show everyone. Won't be for at least another year though if this facking bull**** snow would ever stop...

Old 02-22-2008, 12:33 PM

do you still ahve the chrome rear wheel and if you do how much do you want for it?

Old 02-22-2008, 01:25 PM

looks good man. I'm going through a project on my 929 as well. I like the 954s also but the 929s are just better looking to me. Here are some links for some decals and stuff if you need them.
http://www.isitfast.com/cbr929rr_decals.htm , http://www.gdlcycles.com/asp1/modetails.asp?ItemID=6459 , http://www.replicals.com/product_inf...roducts_id=345 , http://www.bluekustoms.com/gallery/gallery.html , http://www.alloutgraphics.com/ , good luck

Old 02-22-2008, 01:33 PM

also how much for your stunt upper

Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Banned

Well it's actually a racing upper with a belly pan. It won't mount up to the OEM fairings. It actually looks much better in person than it does on the pic (looks like it's trashed - from a repair). While they aren't perfect by any means, a fresho coat of paint would hide everything and it wouldn't look bad at all.

If you want them let me know, I'm not trying to make much off of them but I would like to sell them together, ya know?

I would imagine shipping for these would be possibly around $50. If you're interested, let me know, we can work something out.

Thanks for the links and thanks for looking. peace

Old 02-22-2008, 01:39 PM
Banned

P.S. There will be no, 'decals' on this when I'm finished...

That's all I'm saying!

Old 02-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Default RE: Finally got a big bike (Updates w/pics 02-19-08)

Where did you source the headlight and how much? Nice work by the way. I have a track front and I need a front that still has the headlight hole if anyone knows of one around. Thanks

Quick Reply: The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)