CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Finally got a big bike

you are a madman! i love it...

Old 03-10-2008, 01:52 AM
Retired Moderator ans All Around Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after all the work you put into this project she is going to be beautiful. i would say leave the HID's alone they are wonderful enough and do the led pegs

Old 03-10-2008, 05:30 PM

looking good man. I'm in the process of cleaning and paintin mine also. what color are you going.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:45 PM
Banned

Seldon, I can't tell man!

So I finished up all the fairings today and primered them. Couldn't help but to put everything on. Only waiting for paint now! Feels great having all of my problems worked out. Getting some new rubber tomorrow, front and rear so tomorrow is going to be nothing but riding. Don't have to work, going to be 65 and sunny - and I'm out bitches!!!

Snapped a couple of pics of the 929 and even pulled the F3 out, cleaned her off and took her for a ride. Fired right up after sitting all winter, never put on the charger, lol. No hesitation, just fired.

Hopefully the next time this thread gets updated I'll have final paint pics and I can put this beast to rest. Thanks to everyone for looking and all the comments. I appreciate it!

Name:  HPIM1136.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  79.1 KB

Name:  HPIM1137.jpg
Size:  78.8 KB

Name:  HPIM1138.jpg
Size:  75.8 KB

Old 03-10-2008, 08:10 PM

it looks great what color are you going with still a suprise ive been following this all the way through and from what it used to be the bike looks awesome i love 929s to bad they will never make them again... keep up the good work and take care of her because she will definately take care of you in return and you might wanna invest in a new seat lol best thing ive ever bought makes it a lot easier to travel on.

Old 03-11-2008, 07:33 AM

Yeah, bike looks 100000% better!! Great job!! I did A LOT to an older Kawi that I had last, and it was a journey, but after you get done you have something you can be PROUD of!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:02 PM
Banned

Holy hell I had a gawd damn blast today.

Had a good friend show up at around 8 this morning, using each of our stands we lifted the 929 in the air and took the wheels to go get some rubber. He hooked me up with a sweet set of Pilot Powers, with about 70% tread for $100. He mounted them at another buddy's shop and I got the them installed at around 11am.

I have filled my tank twice today and I've got about a half tank left to start off tomorrow.

This has been a very exciting day for me because I have never, until today, ridden a 929 with even decent tires on it - so essentially I have no idea what the bike even feels like...

WOW! Fun fun fun!!!

I just can't grasp how much torque I feel. That's what everyone has been telling me too. They/you are/were right! It immediately felt like a, "CBR."

The Hondas may get whipped in certain performance aspects, but no other manufacturer has managed to, "nail" the feel of what riding is. This bike is just another perfect example. Having never ridden this bike someone could easily hop on and feel comfortable.

I even met up with a guy I met last summer (the one with the Erions), and he's got a butload of stuff he's hooking me up with. Fresh built forks, pads all around, rear brake light switch, rear brake lever, an black undertail and a completely unmolested Erion upper sos I can ditch that fiberglass upper I have now. All for $100! Sweet!

Anyway I'm a fricken happy camper. I feel normal again. Sucks ***** not having your bike man, I honestly don't know what I would do if I didn't have one.

Next time the thread is updated I should be showing final pictures but it's probably gonna be a few weeks. The guy that's painting them lives an hour and a half away so it's just gonna be one of those things to take a bit.

Have fun, ride safe!

Old 03-11-2008, 10:56 PM

AWESOME!!!! Bikes lookin frikin sweet! A LOT better than when you started!! Happy for ya! Just ride safe, and keep her upright! Cant wait to see the finaly product with paint!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

I made some time in the last couple of days to do some work to the subframe and rear pegs that I've been wanting to do. First off, got them all painted black - love it! I'm definitely painting the rest of the frame and swingarm, hopefully soon. Looks 1 millon times cleaner. Anyway, if anyone knows about LEDs, check that other thread of mine in here would ya?

Name:  HPIM1194.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  63.6 KB

Damn I've neglected that chain...

Name:  HPIM1190.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  82.8 KB

Got a fresh set of new forks on the shelf in front of the bike, so don't mind theleft seal...

Name:  HPIM1193.jpg
Size:  77.7 KB

Old 03-27-2008, 11:38 AM

Lookin good Mike... I love my black frame and other parts, look so much cleaner then the silver IMO

PS, Glad to see you didnt completely leave the forums, Stick with us in here, Got nothin but luv for ya

Quick Reply: The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)