CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   CBR 929RR (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-929rr-20/)
-   -   The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08) (https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-929rr-20/ridiculously-long-clean-up-thread-4-20-08-a-58400/)

KidCr3nshaw 01-24-2008 12:40 PM

The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)

Well I finally got me a big bike. It's an 01 that was stunted for a summer. Everything is straight on it, clean title and a handfull of OEM parts with it as well as 2 spare wheels... 1 OF THEM A MINTY CHROME REAR!

I'll be selling all the stunt stuff on it. I've got a 905 Racing cage, one OEM wheel, one chrome (both rears), racing mid, lower and upper fairings, rear seat (with a SMALL tear - nothing like the ones on ebay for $25 with giant tears), OEM mid and lower fairings and the tail plastic that is super clean.

I'll clean and primer all the plastic before selling, and ask more. Or if you want to do it yourself I'll cut someone a deal. The racgin upper is cut down for stunting and comes with a cut-down windscreen. I'm peddling all this stuff on here because I had to bargain with the old lady. The bike was more than I was, "allowed" to spend but with all the extras that came with it I convinced her I would make a total investment of what I was originally supposed to spend. Anyway, there are some pictures on the following link with the racing fairings, I'll have pics of everything else soon.

If anyone is interested I will ship stuff but I've never shipped fairings or wheels before - should be interesting. I'll look on ebay for shipping prices.

I'd also be interested in a tank, can have some dents/dings but not smashed in. Anyone want something I've got? Trade ya!

P.S. Pictures to come...

P.P.S. This is all listed in parts for sale section.

1999cbr600f4 01-24-2008 01:08 PM

RE: Finally got a big bike

Congrats, I just got my big bike too!!! I am like a friggen kid on christmas eve cause I can't ride the fuc*er yet!!

KidCr3nshaw 01-24-2008 05:10 PM

Haha, heard 'dat! It's friggin' 10 degrees here and 4 inches on the ground...

[:o]

1999cbr600f4 01-24-2008 06:26 PM

It sucks, but mine is in the shop anyways, so if I could ride, it would only be the F4, but still, I want to ride!

HAVOC 01-24-2008 08:42 PM

welcome brother :) you made a wise choice getting a 929 it has everything you could possibly want from a bike

KidCr3nshaw 02-04-2008 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture.

Attachment 76870

Cage, wheels and racing upper and bellypan still for sale.

KidCr3nshaw 02-06-2008 10:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)
It's ridiculous how some people treat a perfectly good motorcycle. I saw this bike last year before the owner decided to try to stunt on it. It wasprettydang cleanwith a touch of rash on stator cover (since been replaced). He basically ended up chasing wheelies on the highways and doing burnouts in parking lots. Look at this mess...

Attachment 76790

Attachment 76791

I've got most of that cleaned up now, I'll add some pics shortly. It was a mess and my arms were friggin' tired of scrubbing. WD-40.

Attachment 76792

I've got all the rearsets and chick pegs polished and cleaned. Subrame ready for paint. Somehow, I was able to see what kind of bike lingered below the neglect. Sometimes I can't believe the deal I got, just a little bit of elbow grease that most people don't want to be bothered with.

I got the new tank (used) yesterday. I bought it off of eBay for $100 BIN, and I was taking a chance because it was dented but you coudn't really tell how bad from the pics. I figured it would be a relatively cheap loss if it couldn't be fixed. Turns out it's MUCH better than I thought. The dent is in it's own place not along any creases or edges in the tank itself. Nice bondo job and she'll be good.

I also got the mirrors, signals, levers, grips and bar ends in. Front upper should be here Friday or Saturday, then she'll be off for paint. Sucks cause my wheels are setting at the powder coater and I have no $$$ to get them, they haven't called yet but they should be ready soon.

Now it's just down to my decal kit, wheels and more cleaning. She's coming along...

Ruthless 02-06-2008 11:03 AM

Nice job. Keep up the good work.

Fatboy 02-06-2008 11:08 AM

Nice work, I see me and you both went from F3's to 929rrs recently.

How much you want for the cage?

KidCr3nshaw 02-06-2008 11:15 AM

I want enough to get my wheels back! Haha...

I'd take $125 shipped for it. The cross-member at the bottom was welded on by the previous, "stunter." I snapped the weld to get it off but it is still threaded and perfectly functional. I asked him why he did it and he said, "just in case."

Which if you ask me they were just weld-happy. You should see my upper stay, all kinds of **** welded onto it. And the rear brake lever has been welded on. Have no fears, I've checked engine and engine covers/frame. No welds there... ;)

Just so you know, I've got that chrome wheel for sale and I offered it and the cage to another guy here in the 954 section for $240. HELL OF A DEAL. He first said he was going to buy a wheel this weekend, then when I offered him one for super cheap (I WANT MY WHEELS BACK!), he said he was going to get insurance... :eek:

If you want it, let me know man. I've got packing materials already ready already. It can go out today.