CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got a big bike

yea its lookin real nice. do you know how your gonna paint it yet?

Old 02-28-2008, 12:12 AM

Jebus... I hope we don;t paint our 929's the same.

No secret here: I'm going PPG black (satin, probably 20-30% gloss). Some red accents, might get someone to pinstripe something subtle... I've got a thing for flat black

Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Fatboy

Jebus... I hope we don;t paint our 929's the same... I've got a thing for flat black
Who you talking to about flat black?! Haha, I do dig the flat but I'm not going flat this time. Can't say though... I will say the paint will be House Of Kolor.

The racing plastic is fiberglass. It is only the upper and lower (complete front kit). I would take $50 plus shipping??? Comes with a cut down, tinted windscreen as well.

Old 02-28-2008, 02:37 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

The racingplastic is fiberglass.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 02-28-2008, 07:39 AM

ORIGINAL: KidCr3nshaw

Sweet - I was hoping to hear something like that.

Out of curiosity, I'm not understanding you completely about where you mounted your ballasts. Possible to show a picture? I would love to move them, I think. I do like how they are there if I need to get to them - hopefully I shouldn't need to.

I'll wait on the wiring until I get the tank on and fueled up.

Side note: don't the HID ballasts consume less energy than the OEM's? I thought OEM was 55W and the HID's I got are 35W... I may be missing something, I'm not an electrical guy by any means.
You have a 35watt bulb but it still need 9-16volts to run and still pulls like 20amps for one kit. You also have two kits on yours. Make sure you run the relays or you will blow the switch (I blew the switch in my car with out running a relay,some kits offer them or even include them now. I've had them on the car for 3-4years now). I'll have to look for the pics of where I mounted the ballast. If you had all the plastic back on it and you took off the air duct covers I put it in there and ran the wires out the front next to the light and bolted it to the .......I'll have to take a pic!

Old 02-28-2008, 05:13 PM
Banned

Did some morecleaning of the fuel lines and disassembled the fuel rails as well. Everything is much more clean now, and I think I found traces of oil backup in the airbox. I would guess this is from long-distance wheelies. No?

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 105
Size:  107.6 KB

Name:  1-2.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  102.9 KB

Name:  2-2.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  100.6 KB

Name:  3-1.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  100.8 KB

Name:  4-1.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  109.0 KB

Name:  5-1.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  95.5 KB

Old 02-28-2008, 08:43 PM

lookin good man..you wanna clean my bike next?

Old 02-29-2008, 01:50 AM
Banned

I'm honestly considering opening my garage to detail bikes. I've got a cousin who lays concrete - if I could get it for the right price, it would be the perfect excuse to lay a floor.

I've always detailed my own ****. Anyone know what they charge for a car to be detailed?

Old 02-29-2008, 03:22 AM
Banned

So I'm recharging the K&N and I'm tryingto thinkof some other things I might take a look at while I'm in there - but I want to ride Saturday... GOING TO BE 60 and sunny!!! I'm pretty excited, but it really just depends on how clean the streets are. I'm not going to dirty this thing the first time I ride it after all this work, lol.

I've checked the thermostat and water pump. Seems to be fine, thermo looks good and thepump has smooth movement. I did a coolant flush, cleaned fuel lines (lots of debris in the interior of the lines - I'm assuming the smashed tank had it's grubby hands in that). I guess I could check timing. Never checked iton a bike.

It's got ~13K miles so let's see...

Manual says plugs (says he replaced them - will check 'em), air element (recharging), idle speed (tuned before tearing down), emission control system (?), brake fluid and pads (both fine, fluid new), and clutch (seems great!). So I guess maybe timing check wouldn't be necessary?

Any other ideas?

I'm pretty excited about Saturday. I really have this cabin feaver feeling that I can't seem to shake. I've got to get on two wheels man because I just don't feel like myself. I'm like a flower without pollen. I'm dyin' man, I'm dyin'!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Banned

Cool! Timing check very similar to a car.

Quick Reply: The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)