CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

The ridiculously long clean-up thread (4-20-08)

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Finally got a big bike

how did u paint the subframe, and how do u plan on painting the frame????? i REALLY wanna do mine black!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:17 AM

very nice job man. and now you know why people swear by 929s

Old 03-29-2008, 12:44 PM
Banned

Man I'm really pissed off right now - yesterday as I was heading home, I was carving some nice parkway riding in second gear, and just as I'm using engine braking on this turn entrance (aka - over my head in a street applicaton, flame on...), the bike slips into neutral. I wasn't going so fast that i wasn't able to correct it and make it through fine, but it sure as **** scared me. One minute I've got the bike under control entering a corner, the next I'm a friggin' rocket that wants to go straight. Sucked.

Anyway, after that I ran it back and forth a few times under, "test" circumstances, and sure as ****, it slips into neutral every time from second while NOT under load. It doesn't seem to do it if I'm giving throttle, but I wasn't being aggressive enough to say - I was just trying to figure out the main problem since it means transmission work.

SO - long story short, I'm having trouble understanding the correct parts I'll need...

Here's what I'm thinking (thanks to the help of another!);

Shift forks. There are 3, 2 of them have the same part # - Jared says to replace the inner and outer??? I think - anyone know which ones those are, it doesn't exactly make it clear at RonAyers or in the .pdf that I've got.

I'm not sure I can decipher, from the manufacturers descriptions, which of the gears are which. I'm told 2nd, 3rd and 6th gear (since it works with 3rd or something... I'm not sure - not a tranny guy!).

So I'm not sure which part numbers are which to call and get a quote from my Honda guy. I'm not even sure which are which to get a quote from anywhere... [&:]

Any help? Anyone know EXACTLY what I'll need for this job - actually, I think I know exactly what I'll need - just not sure of the part numbers...

Inner and outer shift forks - 2 total
2nd, 3rd and 6th gears - 3 total
shift rod - 1 total
bearing - 1 total (I see one in the microfiche and my experience says to just replace it)

I got the #'s for the shift rod and bearings - but...

Any help? Thanks in advance.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Banned

Well looking at this thread draws a tear, but the 929 is no longer mine!

I put iton craiglist on a whim and it was sold within 12 hours. I got $4500 out of it (with a total of $3300 invested plus my time!), and I still have a handfull of parts I should be able to get some decent money from.

Looking for a 600RR for the track. I've been looking at the Wera forums and I've seen quite a few deals already but they're just too far away.

I had a lot of fun with the 9 and I've got to be honest, it didn't really hit me until I was pulling out of the parking lot and saw her sitting there, all alone. She looked sad and I was a bit sad... I kind of felt like I was abandoning her but I did talk to her before I left. Poor girl, I rode her to a strange town and let someone else have her, I bet she's crying right now.

I didn't think I would get attatched to the bike, but I did. I'd skip the tracjk stuff for at least another year if I could find a clean 954. I'm just tired of having bikes I have to clean and fix myself - which is just a product of my cheapness.

That is no more, I've got a decent bankroll now to find a great bike...

The search is on - wish me luck! Hopefully I'll still get to see some of yas in the 54 forums... I'll keep checking in the 29 section though, curious to see how the servo motor discussion ends.

Take care fellas - thanks for watching the thread and all your comments - prolly would have gave up earlier had it not been for you guys, lol.

Old 04-20-2008, 03:51 PM

Old 04-20-2008, 04:40 PM

!?!?!?

~After all that work~

You should punch youself in the junk 929 times.

- Pixel -

Old 04-20-2008, 08:59 PM

DUDE!!!! WTF!!!!! ive been watching this whole thing take place, waiting to see the final outcome, and then you just jump on here and say you sold it!!! you traitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with pixel 929 shots to the junk!!!

Old 04-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Banned

Man I'm sorry guys (NY's smiley hurts the most, lol).

I know it, pretty depressing but I made a huge profit which was my intention to begin with but I'll admit I grew much more attatched than I ever thought I would. Like I said, it was seriously sad leaving the parking lot and looking back at her...

It really just came down to the fact that the bike would never look like I wanted it without dropping at the very least another $1500 and I just don't/didn't have it to do it.

I'm sorry for stringin' ya all along... it was fun though!

And let me say that you guys have been a HUGE help. I've had a lot of questions that you guys were more than patient in answering and you've been fun to BS with. I'm not going anywhere though, I still got the F3, lol.

Dunno if you guys remember the guy I'm always talking about the has the 4 Erions? Well, I'm not gauranteeing anything but he said he might work something out with me for a payment with $5K down. He's got an 01 with 670 miles on it and wants $6500 for it.

Trust me, I'm seriously considering it but I'm not sure about payments again, don't like 'em. BUT, the bike is MINTY MINT MINT!!! Worth every penny IMO.

I'll keep ya'll posted, and again - I'm SORRY!!! Bastards making me feel like poop.