CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

i've always ran the lasers in mine from the dealer. it's what the sell here. they've always worked great as well. i'm sure either way is fine. everybody is right on this one.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you demon for clearing that up... i cant believe it turned into a all out war over plugs on a troubleshoot post hahahaha... waiting for the parts.. as soon as they arrive i will post on progress most likely next week.

Old 01-06-2012, 05:56 AM

Plugs is the problem and also the fan, radiator is also the problem.
My 929s has same problem, but in order to low done the temperatureand long way street riding, I custom made exhaust header which is going to install CBR1000rr radiator and add one more fan on left side of rad, also wire to make a switch on high bean. so the problem solved.

My temperature sometimes go on 225 degree(130c) and now the toppest I saw is 200

Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Project96
What do you think a NX,XR or CRF is? Dirt bikes last time I checked anyway. That is what you linked. Me personally, I would want the plugs that came off of the MANUFACTURER fiche. Not something that another website cross referenced. Might be a bit more & you may be able to find them cheaper elseware.
I am not going to get into a @#$%^&* contest on someone elses thread so I will leave it at that. The plugs I listed WILL work & are iridium.
U Mad Bro?

I linked the IMR8C-9H(like you said) and there was no 929/954 anywhere on there..... NGK.com - Vehicle Fitting Results

The IMR9C-9H will fit a 954 application. I never said anything about the IMR9C, I was just emphasizing on the IMR8C and saying there is a big difference between 8C and 9C.. NGK.com - Vehicle Fitting Results

and

I also linked CR9EHIX-9 NGK.com - Vehicle Fitting Results and said "it fits the 929 plus other applications." Listen more carefully and pay more attention to a post before you start "&@^#*@"(Raging) on people, and don't wear your emotions on your shoulders. I was just trying to clarify for you so you don't Rage Quit the site.

GEAUX TIGERS!

Old 01-06-2012, 10:32 AM

What's up guys first of all thank u to everyone who's been helping me especially to demon who's been there from day 1. Secondly I beg u guys enough about these plugs lol I been ordered then so it's irelivant now ...

My friend made a good point why drop the radiator when I can go from top and take off the air box to remove the plugs!!! Any feedback??? Kinda makes sense to me too now that I think about it ???

Old 01-06-2012, 10:56 AM

the radiator drops out of the way easier than getting the air box/fuel tank off, especially when you are doing the switch and coolant already. they were nice enough to put a cross support that makes it really tight going from that side with the angle of the motor. you are welcome to try and let us know how it goes...

Old 01-06-2012, 11:50 AM
Default Go for it.

Originally Posted by 1 SiCk G
My friend made a good point why drop the radiator when I can go from top and take off the air box to remove the plugs!!! Any feedback??? Kinda makes sense to me too now that I think about it ???
Easier said than done.

Originally Posted by 74demon
the radiator drops out of the way easier than getting the air box/fuel tank off, especially when you are doing the switch and coolant already. they were nice enough to put a cross support that makes it really tight going from that side with the angle of the motor. you are welcome to try and let us know how it goes...
+1 to 74demon. I have attempted to do it that way(airbox). I loosened up the tank, took a peak and like 74demon said, there is a nice cross member that is right in the way, and decided against it. I feel like it would be more of a pain, with draining the tank and plugging intakes, doing it from the top. BUT, if you do it, let us know how it goes. The cross member is what makes it a pain to get the coils out whichever way you go(topside "airbox" or frontside "radiator").

Last edited by Trey929RR; 01-06-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: 74demon's quote
Old 01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

74demon is right...I replace my plugs from the top, taken tank off, then air box? Tricky...but I manage to disassemble intake, barely wedge it off, almost crack the bottom intake, now mine is the 900rr, not 929...even tougher? Good luck, take pictures as you go, importantly patience...

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Easier said than done.

+1 to 74demon. I have attempted to do it that way(airbox). I loosened up the tank, took a peak and like 74demon said, there is a nice cross member that is right in the way, and decided against it. I feel like it would be more of a pain, with draining the tank and plugging intakes, doing it from the top. BUT, if you do it, let us know how it goes. The cross member is what makes it a pain to get the coils out whichever way you go(topside "airbox" or frontside "radiator").

Old 01-11-2012, 09:40 PM

i think ill pass and take off the radiator... wish i had some step by step pics to do it based off of so i decided to go and pick up a shop repair manual.. just recieved it not quite what i thought it would be.. but im still waiting for the parts to get started on this pain in the *** of a project.

Old 01-11-2012, 09:49 PM

just remove the radiator mounting bolts and lower it out of the way. you dont need to remove it completely, but if you want to, it wont hurt.

Quick Reply: Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!