CBR 929RR 2000 - 2001 CBR 929RR Forum

Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 08:18 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1 SiCk G
i will check in the morning its too late to start the bike.. i believe the radiator is getting hot at a average pace... i will look for the wire tommorow but again i never disconnected that wire so it should be there where exactly do i look for it??? what does it look like???

Its off the back of the fan, just a standard black wire...

Old 01-16-2012, 01:43 PM

1_SiCk_G, quick question. Did you by some chance take any pictures of doing the plug change from the top? You were asking a lot of people for pictures and I was just curious if you yourself took any pictures of the job/jobs you are doing and could share with US so we know what it looks like. Also if it is in-fact easier, I would like to know how to do it.

A big reason this site is the way it is, is because of people helping eachother out. Take some, give some... you know I mean? I may not be the best at giving back information or "how-to's" and "tech talk" but I at least try in some way.(does being a smarta$$ count??)

Old 01-16-2012, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
1_SiCk_G, quick question. Did you by some chance take any pictures of doing the plug change from the top? You were asking a lot of people for pictures and I was just curious if you yourself took any pictures of the job/jobs you are doing and could share with US so we know what it looks like. Also if it is in-fact easier, I would like to know how to do it.

A big reason this site is the way it is, is because of people helping eachother out. Take some, give some... you know I mean? I may not be the best at giving back information or "how-to's" and "tech talk" but I at least try in some way.(does being a smarta$$ count??)

I have to agree 100%. its always good to share with others, some folks are working on the exact same task but maybe not posting about it just lurking..

Old 01-17-2012, 04:27 PM

as much as i hate to say it! i did take pictures!!!! but my iphone froze and i had to restore it but i locked it up... id be more than happy to explain how i did it it was easier than changing the coolant !!

if anyone needs steps PM me !!!

all u have to do is tie a rope to hold up the gas tank move the air box out of the way and the coils are right there.... the radiator is 5 times harder and longer to do then through the top....

Old 01-17-2012, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by eamoto
Its off the back of the fan, just a standard black wire...

ok so say i find a black wire from the fan.. what am i supposed to do with it or how is it supposed to look or be connected???? even if i find it i dunno what im looking for....

Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

one end needs to be touching the fan or radiator, the other end needs to be touching the frame via a bolt. it doesnt get much simpler.

Old 01-17-2012, 08:27 PM
Exclamation Nooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

as much as i hate to say it! i did take pictures!!!! but my iphone froze and i had to restore it but i locked it up... id be more than happy to explain how i did it it was easier than changing the coolant !! if anyone needs steps PM me !!!
What a coincidence... Anyways..... to help you out, I have enabled a SEARCH under IMAGES and came up with some results..

2010 XSB photos :: mod month 2 FEB 2010 picture by 99schdgt - Photobucket

This is from a SPORTBIKE MAGAZINE(SuperStreetBike to be exact), they did a walk through on how to install an aftermarket switch to allow you to turn your fan on whenever you want...... look at PICTURE NUMBER 6... has a finger pointing at what the last 3 pages are talking about...

ALSO, is an eBay auction that has the fan switch and possibly more info.

HONDA 98 99 00 01 CBR 929 RR XSB FAN CONTROL | eBay

Send 74demon some money and post up some of the pictures of all of the work you have done so in case this happens to me or my site-mates, we have something to go off of... please....

Last edited by Trey929RR; 01-17-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:53 AM

In all honesty, this job you have been working on for over a week is about an hr job. I think you're going to be more effective and save everyone a lot of time by just taking the bike to a tech and having them do an overall on it.

Just my .02

Old 01-18-2012, 04:54 AM

Over 2 weeks actually sorry...

Old 01-18-2012, 06:57 AM

i will check in the morning its too late to start the bike.. i believe the radiator is getting hot at a average pace... i will look for the wire tommorow but again i never disconnected that wire so it should be there where exactly do i look for it??? what does it look like???
If you didn't disconnect it you MAY have found the problem?

Quick Reply: Bike overheating.. Im lost please help i will donate!!