Winter time repair time!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 10:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Parts inbound!!!

I've got...
2x Front EBC rotors (used w/ ~500 miles)
2x Front EBC Double H Sintered brake pad sets
1x Michelin Pilot Power 3 front tire
1x Michelin Pilot Power 3 rear tire
2x Used stock rearsets (left & right side because they're black)
1x Set of Vortex bar end sliders
1x Woodcraft frame slider kit
1x Oil filter
1x 4 Liter Honda racing oil (4T something or other)
1x Set of mirrors (OEM style)

Woohoo!! Hoping to have all the parts on the bike Friday evening.

Also have some new gloves coming in

Revzilla is, as always, awesome. I ordered yesterday around noon. I sent them a message on Reddit because they ran an AMA (basically somebody comes on and people can ask them anything) with Anthony and people asked him loads of questions etc...and he kept giving out free t-shirts and said anybody can PM them to grab one. So I PM'd them on Reddit and asked if they could chuck one into my box on the way out the door. I got a reply back saying my package already shipped but not to worry! They put $20 of credit into my account so I could buy one or anything else whenever I wanted!!

That plus free two day shipping on tires and all my other stuff...I really love that company.

Also, took the bike down the road a little bit to get a feel for the brakes to see if I had fixed them by sanding down the old pads but I'm fairly certain it's the rotors so I have new ones on the way.

Name:  9d2jJC5.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  439.0 KB
(yeah, she's a bit naked...but perfectly fine-ish to ride the .5 mile I rode to test the brakes!)

Last thing I need to do is get front blinkers and I'm all set! I wired up the integrated tail light and just have to put the side fairings back on when the frame sliders come in. I'm so excited!

Old 04-29-2014, 10:43 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That is awesome that they did that! That's amazing customer service

And I prefer bikes to be naked!

Old 04-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Conrice
That is awesome that they did that! That's amazing customer service

And I prefer bikes to be naked!
I like the naked look too, I was definitely tempted to streetfighter it but I would have to get new gauges, headlight, and do a bit of tucking and such. Figured I'd do that later when I have more money.

I'm super excited to be on a new set of tires, new front brakes, and start of the season. Going on a ride Saturday, riding to a friends place Sunday, and then driving across the country on Monday with a friend to get his rally truck to Mexico for the NORRA 1,000 race he's in. I don't have a passport so I can't help down at the race but I'm helping him split the driving up and in return I get free towing of my bike and hotels all the way out and back. I'll be in California for 5-7 days, can't wait!!!

Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 PM

Today was a good day progress wise!

Got a good bit of work left to do but had a productive afternoon in the shop. Got four packages today. Got my new gloves, rearset (used), rotors, woodcraft frame sliders, and oil today.

Tomorrow I'm getting my new front and rear tires which is exciting! I've never had brand new tires on my bikes besides the tires that came with my 250 and they were OEM and skinny. It'll be nice to have some really nice, new model tires (Pilot Power 3s). Also getting my mirrors in tomorrow.

Friday I'm getting in my cable lube device, and cable lube. Saturday my license plate LED bolts will be here and Monday I'm getting my new brake pads, oil filter and a cargo net for my rear seat.

Somewhere in there my bar ends are coming in...hopefully tomorrow but the tracking system for that package is whack. It's not giving me an expected delivery date or telling me how it was sent. I'll call Revzilla about that tomorrow though.

I'm terribly fed up with Motorcycle Superstore (once again). They messed my order up bad when I bought my leather pants from them a year or two ago and I said I wouldn't order there again. Then tons of people told me it was a fluke and I should give them another chance. Revzilla doesn't sell brake pads so I said what the heck. I ordered my oil from Revzilla because it's way cheaper and would get here quicker (plus I had some remaining credit). But I ordered my brake pads (which Revzilla doesn't sell), the cargo net and oil filter at MSS. I got the filter there to get their free shipping and the website told me I'd get my stuff Friday which would work out good for me since I have a long weekend of riding coming up (Saturday I have a few hundred mile cruise with some friends, Sunday I'm riding down to a buddies place for a BBQ (4 hours round trip). So I won't get my stuff until Monday via UPS. Of course UPS comes to my house around 1-3PM depending on the day. Did I mention that I'm leaving my house on Monday at 11AM to drive to California (3,300 miles or so).

So now I have to purchase brake pads (because I don't want to ride old pads on new rotors) before Saturday, and an oil filter. The whole reason of buying from MSS was to save money and the hassle of driving to the shop. So much for that!!

Ugh, so fed up with them.

Oh well, here's a pic of my bike in the air. No motorcycle stands required

Name:  l0FOd67.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  1.07 MB

Old 05-01-2014, 06:38 PM

Ughhh

Got my fairings all back on, got my oil changed, chain lubed, clutch cable lubed, frame sliders installed...almost ready to go. Just need my wheels with new tires back and brake pads.

Unfortunately it looks like USPS has long my tires in shipping as they were supposed to come today and they haven't and the last tracking input was on the 28th.

My bar ends come tomorrow but they should install in minutes. I also need front turn signals but I'm going to worry about that another day. Riding without front signals for a few days shouldn't be a massive issue (hopefully).

Picking my brake pads up tomorrow morning at the shop that has my wheels and hopefully I'll have my tires and be able to drop them off then.

Crossing my fingers!

Old 05-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by That Guy in Maine
Ughhh

Got my fairings all back on, got my oil changed, chain lubed, clutch cable lubed, frame sliders installed...almost ready to go. Just need my wheels with new tires back and brake pads.

Unfortunately it looks like USPS has long my tires in shipping as they were supposed to come today and they haven't and the last tracking input was on the 28th.

My bar ends come tomorrow but they should install in minutes. I also need front turn signals but I'm going to worry about that another day. Riding without front signals for a few days shouldn't be a massive issue (hopefully).

Picking my brake pads up tomorrow morning at the shop that has my wheels and hopefully I'll have my tires and be able to drop them off then.

Crossing my fingers!

Great to see progress. Are you running an integrated tail light? If so - you may have a solid state turn signals because you have no load on the relay (if you haven't replaced it with a no-load relay yet). If you're running standard bulbs, without the fronts it'll just blink faster.

So wait, you're riding to Cali too? Or just this weekend? Make sure you bed in those brakes before you set off.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by Conrice
Great to see progress. Are you running an integrated tail light? If so - you may have a solid state turn signals because you have no load on the relay (if you haven't replaced it with a no-load relay yet). If you're running standard bulbs, without the fronts it'll just blink faster.

So wait, you're riding to Cali too? Or just this weekend? Make sure you bed in those brakes before you set off.
I got my new brake pads today, will install tomorrow night probably. Going for a ride tomorrow with some friends and hopefully mounting my tires. Revzilla is overnight UPSing me a new set for tomorrow.

I'm driving in a truck out to California.