Newbie here with a serious question...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Newbie here with a serious question...

ORIGINAL: ducbob
PS Get yourself of camo pants if you want to look sweet.....................
I'm going to assume there was some sort of sarcasm intended here? Didn't get it.

Old 09-16-2007, 07:15 PM

Don't worry about bob.... I'm kinda surprised he's not flaming the OP for even asking a question on a Honda forum about Suzukis.

Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 PM

ORIGINAL: sixhundredrr

Don't worry about bob.... I'm kinda surprised he's not flaming the OP for even asking a question on a Honda forum about Suzukis.
Good thing he didn't or he would have proved the OP wrong...see below:

ORIGINAL: CBRinNC

I’ve posed the same question on the Gixxer board. They were “Honda sucks” type of responses. Being a current Honda owner, I know Honda riders are more mature than that...

Old 09-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

honda cbr (no matter whast year)

Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM

If you want the split seat, why don't you get a low mile 01-03 F4i. I bought an 01 about a month ago with 2100 on it. I'm in the ATlanta area and I saw a bunch up around you. You can pick one up for aroud $4000. The programmablefuel injection problem was on the early 01's , but Honda released an update that fixed the problem.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:39 PM

My 2 cents.....................................There're lots of people who luv Gixxers......................................

Name:  1203_image.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  30.4 KB

PersonalyI think Suzukis are the bic lighters of motorcycles.....................................af ter 15K mi just throw it out. Well the older ones anyway, it's been a while sinceI've worked in a bikeshop.

Old 11-08-2007, 12:22 AM

ORIGINAL: baileyjn

. A perfectly preserved low-mile gixxer is going to be more reliable than a ragged out Honda.
Perfectly preserved Gixxer is either like a Unicorn or a bike dats neva left da showroom..................... and a ragged out Honda......................... Ain't they all like dat?
Speaking from experience I just picked up a 02 51 wit 6,5K mi. The guy I bought from tracked and streeted it. Allegdedmore track than street but still hammedher andshe stillpurrs like a tiger. God I lovemy baby!!!!!!NowI know howI rode my 51 at da track and there is no way in hellI would buy somebody used Suzuki "trackbike/streetbike". I worked on a few different brands of motorcycles for a few years and I learned a few things:
1) Mostimes U really do get what U pay for!!!!!!
2) Companys work and run on reputations. Honda = quality/reliability for power equipment, watercraft, atvs, bikes, cars etc.........no matta how ragged out they are.Look at Harleys, for years they sold da same product over and over and over and people still lined up to by basically outdated junk.Yamaha garbage in garbage out. Good handlin, good power, good ride but good God what a heep of shat.. Suzuki started out as a textile company making yarn which kinda goes hand and hand, how long would a sweater last if U wore it everyday while playing rugby.............anyway. Kawasaki Heavy Industries makes very good products that just might be a little flawed from time to time.I owned a 98 ZX6R and put close to 10K mi on it beforeI sold her. I luved dat bike but dagearbox was complete junk. Sec and third gear wear wasted andI didn't ride herany differently than my other four Hondas. I didn't eventrack dat bike. NoGood ridence!!!!!! NowI know they all can't be perfect comin off da assembly line but they all can't be terible either.
In all honesty there is a certain refinement dat goes into Hondas that aren't seen in other brands. I would glady buy most Hondas of the same yearwit over 100K mi beforeI bought a Suzuki wit 15K mi. Dis is coming from a previously certified Honda tech.
O.K. fellas I need to grab anotha beer. Peace.

Old 11-08-2007, 02:51 AM
Retired Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GSX-R's are okay, but they always look like a toy manufacturer made them.

My primary vehicle is a 2006 600RR, and it's great. I commute about 30 minutes, 3-4 times a day, and put on a lot of miles. I think it's great. I'm 6' 1", 160 lbs by the way. (yes, tall and skinny.)

I would go with the Honda man. They're great bikes. No probs with mine, and don't expect any either.