CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

Scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scammed?

So this guy contacts me on this forum and tells me that hes got some F3 fairings sends me pics and we settle on a price of 600.00 I send him a bank check 2 weeks ago priority mail and he doesnt get it until last friday because his brother moved from his house and changed the mailing address, so the check was forwarded to him. ( so I am told) Anyways he sends me an e-mail and says that he is going to ship them out on saturday or if not monday. I send him an email the other day and asked him if he sent the fairings out yet and if he had any tracking #'s. he said that he was going to send them out yesterday because he was waiting for the check to clear. I replied and told him i was a little upset because the whole idea of a bank check is so you dont have to wait for it to clear. No response saying he shipped it, no response to my phone calls nothing. He may have shipped them i dont know and he will remain nameless until i find out what is going on. People need to show a little respect! everyone works hard for their money and when you send it away in good faith its only curteous to comunicate. There I'm done crying Anyone know what i can do to resolve this?[sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_flaming.gif]

Old 06-21-2007, 10:44 PM
Default RE: Scammed?

I'm pissed off just reading that, sorry to hear it.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:46 PM

You actually do have to wait for checks to clear. It can sometimes take up to a month to be sure. I personally don't trust checks anymore. Did you speak with this person on the phone? Always get a phone number and make sure it works. You should have sent money via paypal.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:53 PM

ORIGINAL: FFCBRf4i

You actually do have to wait for checks to clear. It can sometimes take up to a month to be sure. I personally don't trust checks anymore. Did you speak with this person on the phone? Always get a phone number and make sure it works. You should have sent money via paypal.
The purpose of a bank check(one written from the bank not personally by me) is so the money is guaranteed. Besides he doesnt have pay pal.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:04 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

even a bank check has to clear unless it is written from the same bank he is cashing it at. I had a "bank check" written out to me that took 2 friggen weeks to clear. I was a little more than pissed off.

Old 06-22-2007, 12:37 AM

Even so he was shipping it through his work for free and the check is still gauranteed

Old 06-22-2007, 05:38 AM

Hope you get your fairings mate!

Old 06-22-2007, 10:14 AM

personally i wont send anyone a check for 600 dollars .i dont even make purchases on ebay over 200 bucks .n i would rather the person have paypal but even that is guaranteed. but hopefully your stuff is in the mail . i bought something one time and had to wait a very long time to get it i feel your stress cause you keep thinkin this person scammed you hopefully they did not . best advice wait n see what happens .has the checked allready been cleared out your account ? if not call the person n if no reply you can cancel the check maybe

Old 06-22-2007, 10:57 AM

I would have sent Paypal. If someone doesn't have Paypal, they can sign up pretty damn fast. Checks are no big deal to me, but I wouldn't send one for over $50 or so. if anything, I would have sent a USPS money order. if he doesn't ship, then you have him for all sorts of crimes involving the US Mail, wich is very serious. Most likely you will get you stuff, about a week later than you though was acceptable.

Old 06-22-2007, 05:31 PM

I think you'll get your stuff, just give up hope quite yet.

Quick Reply: Scammed?