CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

New day, New problem.. input appreciated pics attached

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 09:55 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So , did ya pop the caps (watch the springs fly out) and pull the slides and clean them with wd 40 and make sure they easily slide up and down.

Careful with the diaphragms , don't get any cleaners or chemicals on them and check
for rips - any rips - you'll need spares

Old 05-02-2014, 10:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sprock
So , did ya pop the caps (watch the springs fly out) and pull the slides and clean them with wd 40 and make sure they easily slide up and down.

Careful with the diaphragms , don't get any cleaners or chemicals on them and check
for rips - any rips - you'll need spares
Yea I did pop em when I had carbs out. Every thing was super smooth. You hear a nice suction when you manually move them.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Medic89
Just an update, I bought some new iridium plugs after work today and also tossed some HEET in the tank along with a smidget of fuel additive. Not sure if it was one or a combination but i got it running somewhat decent. I took it for about a ten minute ride and it was slowly becoming more responsive. By the time the neighbor came in the street and lost his **** on me, i had it so i could pull the throttle pretty good w/out bogging out. If i completely rip it; it still boggs down, but not as hard and as fast. I did feel some power return. With that being said its not running as it should still. Its still sluggish and its still bogging. It also took me about 45min or a little more, to get it started, after the plug change. So theres still a hidden problem somewhere. btw not sure if I've mentioned but its got all new stock jets. I replaced them the other day after i split one the first time i had the carbs out, but that isn't an issue here just thought it was worth mentioning.
45 min to get it started???, is she running on all 4 cylinders??, next time you start it don't rev it and spray some water on the exhaust pipes, the water should evaporate at the same rate of speed.

When was the last time your valves' clearances were checked???, maybe shims are so tight that they won't allow valves to seat completely and then you are losing compressions (causes bad running and super hard starting), it starts until gas is poured into the cylinder and "seals" the valve

Old 05-05-2014, 07:00 AM

In response to the above. I think with all the cranking I flooded her out. After shutting the gas off and then holding the start button with the throttle open she wanted to turn over after. I ended up draining a little bit of fuel out of the bowls And after I did that she started right up. I may have added a little too much HEET also I put 3/4 of a bottle in with a little less than a 1/4 of a tank so I'm sure that contributed also.

Ok, to start off on a good note, the bike is back up and running and feels the best it ever has. The biggest problem was carbs were wayyyyy out of sync. I'm surprised the bike ran half as good as it did before the problem started. After a day and a half of fiddling around with the carbs I finally got them synced to each other. Didn't that make a difference! When I originally pulled the carbs there was a little geled up fuel residue on the bottom of the bowls but for what ever reason I believe cleaning the carbs freed everything up and you know the rest by now. I also threw some new iridiums in it and ran some fuel treatment. The bike now feels like I'm just gliding down the street. I think I'm still running a little lean Cuzz if I crank the throttle at idle it hesitates a little before climbing rpms and when I was driving the bike, everytime I shifted I got a nice suttle backfire. I'm going to check the plugs but I'm pretty sure that means a lean condition. I also want to thank everyone for their input and quick responses, it was well needed and appreciated.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Medic89
In response to the above. I think with all the cranking I flooded her out. After shutting the gas off and then holding the start button with the throttle open she wanted to turn over after. I ended up draining a little bit of fuel out of the bowls And after I did that she started right up. I may have added a little too much HEET also I put 3/4 of a bottle in with a little less than a 1/4 of a tank so I'm sure that contributed also.

Ok, to start off on a good note, the bike is back up and running and feels the best it ever has. The biggest problem was carbs were wayyyyy out of sync. I'm surprised the bike ran half as good as it did before the problem started. After a day and a half of fiddling around with the carbs I finally got them synced to each other. Didn't that make a difference! When I originally pulled the carbs there was a little geled up fuel residue on the bottom of the bowls but for what ever reason I believe cleaning the carbs freed everything up and you know the rest by now. I also threw some new iridiums in it and ran some fuel treatment. The bike now feels like I'm just gliding down the street. I think I'm still running a little lean Cuzz if I crank the throttle at idle it hesitates a little before climbing rpms and when I was driving the bike, everytime I shifted I got a nice suttle backfire. I'm going to check the plugs but I'm pretty sure that means a lean condition. I also want to thank everyone for their input and quick responses, it was well needed and appreciated.
Running too much fuel treatment will foul your plugs and you will get backfire, if the backfire is on deceleration then just open your pilots jets/mixture screws 1/2 a turn.(after making sure you're not running lean bacau se of a vacuum leak or a dirty air filter).