CBR 600F3 1995 - 1998 CBR 600F3 Forum

New day, New problem.. input appreciated pics attached

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2014, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fuel pump is fully operational. It ran worse when i did that.

Last edited by Medic89; 05-01-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:32 AM

your pump and filter should be fine if you have fuel in the carbs drain them again and see if they have fuel again if they do have fuel a second time then no blockage from tank to carb bowls

how did you clean the carbs? i use some carb cleaner that destroys your skin in a spray can and compressed air remove each jet spray carb cleaner in there allow it to soak a little whilst you do the other jets from that carb and then blow them out with compressed air

next time you get dirty fuel just put a bottle of redex in your tank i have done this with no problems its more than it states on the bottle but it works a hell of a lot better

first thing i would do now is put some redex in the tank and replace the plugs although i would also replace the plugs after running the redex through completely but then again cr9eh plugs arent that expensive off ebay so buy 8

so redex your tank, new plugs, then clean the jets again

Old 05-02-2014, 06:29 AM

Yea I'm going to change plugs and see if that helps. I used carb cleaner and a can of dust off because I have no air compressor right now. I used the gum out compressed carb cleaner. Might try a little seafoam as well. I'm having some type of fuel problem I just don't know what that problem is.

Old 05-02-2014, 03:50 PM

Can't seem to find redex anywhere local so I went with some ISO-HEET. Also got some new plugs. I'm going to work on the bike in the morning it's supposed to be around 70 so it will be a good day to dedicate to the bike. If anyone else has any ideas feel free to chime in. Also If someone with some good carb knowledge would be free for 15-20 min, I could PayPal a few bucks for some skype time. Just throwing it out there.

Old 05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator
Received 325 Likes on 267 Posts

Man, I had the carbs off of mine today messing around. While i was doing I did my best to think of what your issues could be.
I did think of something. Somebody posted once abour their bike not running after a carb removal. Turns out they had plugged the intakes with paper towels to keep stuff from following in and they forgot to remove them. Is that a possibilty?

Old 05-02-2014, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator
Received 325 Likes on 267 Posts

Did you remember to reconnect your TPS?

Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 PM

I saw someone mentioning your carb's boots/insulators, I had that problem with my ol f3, and I could've sworn they were correctly installed, buy they weren't, and that's why she was running so lean, spray carb cleaner or wd 30 on them, if idle speed changes is because you got a vacuum leak.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by hamlin6
Did you remember to reconnect your TPS?
Yea, i did. I stuck bright yellow microfiber towels in mine so that isn't a possibility.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tuchavito
I saw someone mentioning your carb's boots/insulators, I had that problem with my ol f3, and I could've sworn they were correctly installed, buy they weren't, and that's why she was running so lean, spray carb cleaner or wd 30 on them, if idle speed changes is because you got a vacuum leak.
I did a leak test with some carb cleaner and didn't seem to have any leaks anywhere. I am going to order some new ones cuzz the ones now look a lil beat up, but I'm pretty sure there not leaking.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:14 PM

Just an update, I bought some new iridium plugs after work today and also tossed some HEET in the tank along with a smidget of fuel additive. Not sure if it was one or a combination but i got it running somewhat decent. I took it for about a ten minute ride and it was slowly becoming more responsive. By the time the neighbor came in the street and lost his **** on me, i had it so i could pull the throttle pretty good w/out bogging out. If i completely rip it; it still boggs down, but not as hard and as fast. I did feel some power return. With that being said its not running as it should still. Its still sluggish and its still bogging. It also took me about 45min or a little more, to get it started, after the plug change. So theres still a hidden problem somewhere. btw not sure if I've mentioned but its got all new stock jets. I replaced them the other day after i split one the first time i had the carbs out, but that isn't an issue here just thought it was worth mentioning.

Last edited by Medic89; 05-02-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Quick Reply: New day, New problem.. input appreciated pics attached