CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

F2 Project from spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cripes, those calipers looked a bit rough. They cleaned up nicely though and look great with the new paint.

I just rebuilt my calipers and, for the seals, all I did was pop the new ones in, give them a little wipe with brake fluid and slide the piston back in.

Classic dodgy MOT garage. Glad I don't have to deal with them any more. We don't have to worry about MOT here in Vancouver and there's a great garage here where you can pay $25/hr and use all their stuff to do work on your own bike if you don't even want to deal with a mechanic.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime
Cripes, those calipers looked a bit rough. They cleaned up nicely though and look great with the new paint.

I just rebuilt my calipers and, for the seals, all I did was pop the new ones in, give them a little wipe with brake fluid and slide the piston back in.

Classic dodgy MOT garage. Glad I don't have to deal with them any more. We don't have to worry about MOT here in Vancouver and there's a great garage here where you can pay $25/hr and use all their stuff to do work on your own bike if you don't even want to deal with a mechanic.
Well what can i say??? Classic indeed! oh well, when i have restored it, i will ride it over there and take a dump on there carpet!!!!!! leave all the dodgy parts for them to dispose of!!!
I got my pistons in today! quite easy really. just cant wait to get this thing on the road! still the weather is rubbish in england so not so worried! Yet!

Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Benjy68
...when i have restored it, i will ride it over there and take a dump on there carpet!!!!!!

PLEASE post pics!! Both of the "gift" you leave, AND the reaction to it!!
That would be fantastic!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM

My wheels have come back from blast and spray, didnt do powder coating, used 2 pac extra tough paint no lacquer required! Done by the same company that sprayed the frame!
For those of you in Devon, England reading this, CS engineering are a good company to use for this type of stuff, based in crediton near exeter.

JNS- Will see what i can do about posting pics! lol....

Attached Thumbnails F2 Project from spring 2013-2013-02-07-18.47.51.jpg   F2 Project from spring 2013-2013-02-07-17.05.39.jpg  
Old 02-09-2013, 12:08 PM

Whats happening fellas. I recently purchesed a '93 cbr f2 with 16,xxx miles on it. Got it for 1000 too great deal... I know it needs front brakes and a new high beam bulb so i will have questions about that in the future, but what i was currently wondering about was a patch of rust at the U shaped part of the swingarm. Im on my way over to where i store the bike and i plan on scrubbing it down with some steel wool and coca cola. Is this a normality? I will have more info upon further inspection. Any tips would be much appreciated... Thanks!

Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Administrator and MVN, March 2012/Oct 2013 ROTM
Received 117 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SSamson
Whats happening fellas. I recently purchesed a '93 cbr f2 with 16,xxx miles on it. Got it for 1000 too great deal... I know it needs front brakes and a new high beam bulb so i will have questions about that in the future, but what i was currently wondering about was a patch of rust at the U shaped part of the swingarm. Im on my way over to where i store the bike and i plan on scrubbing it down with some steel wool and coca cola. Is this a normality? I will have more info upon further inspection. Any tips would be much appreciated... Thanks!
SSamson, Please don't threadjack... You already have your own thread.
https://cbrforum.com/forum/cbr-600f2...-miles-144601/

Old 02-09-2013, 01:35 PM
Retired Super Moderator, Tin Star Man & Hurricane Saloon Prospect, ROTM Feb 2015
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can anyone explain to me why no one that I`ve seen to paint their rims, never paint the driven flange? Is there a good reason not to, cause I`ve been planning to paint mine.

Old 02-09-2013, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mattson
Can anyone explain to me why no one that I`ve seen to paint their rims, never paint the driven flange? Is there a good reason not to, cause I`ve been planning to paint mine.
Im tempted! im not to sure what to do yet, the thing is, would it look good?

Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 PM

Word my bad demo74. Being my first time posting in ablog of any sort i figured since i had the same bike and some similiar issues it was straight to post. Also, this is one of the few current posts i honestly didnt think anyone would answer if i posted on another thread... Btw benj no disrespect. i think its great what you're doing with your bike. unfortunently for whatever reason im not able to view the photos, but i admire the ambition its definently inspired me to put more work into my machine!

Old 02-10-2013, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by SSamson
Word my bad demo74. Being my first time posting in ablog of any sort i figured since i had the same bike and some similiar issues it was straight to post. Also, this is one of the few current posts i honestly didnt think anyone would answer if i posted on another thread... Btw benj no disrespect. i think its great what you're doing with your bike. unfortunently for whatever reason im not able to view the photos, but i admire the ambition its definently inspired me to put more work into my machine!
Its a real shame you cant see the photos! gd luck with your project!

Quick Reply: F2 Project from spring 2013