CBR 600F2 1991 - 1994 CBR 600F2

'93 F2 Mods - Phase 1

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Welcome Crew and ROTY 2014
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I forgot to mention, that my Held Titan race gloves are on the way - they should arrive Friday, and if not, Monday at the latest - these things are EXPENSIVE, but they are the best protection you can buy for your hands! I cannot wait to slip 'em on!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JNSRacing
Thanks, Sam.
I have a VERY good memory, so rest assured, if I'm out enyoying a ride, and see that particular Suburban again my face will go from to to to ...and an @$$-whoopin' will occur shortly thereafter!!

Some may not agree, and might think that having a desire to pay evil with evil is inappropriate and harsh, but I give ABSOLUTELY NO QUARTER to those who take their driving privileges lightly, and don't respect the power that they have, EVERY TIME THEY GET BEHIND THE WHEEL, to potentially take a life due to their carelessness - regardless of how "momentary" and "infrequent" it might be. It only takes ONE INSTANCE of yapping on a cell phone, or just being an idiot in general, to be distracted long enough to make an improper turn, or run a red light, and that becomes the ONE INSTANCE that an innocent person is killed.
It is far too easy to obtain a driver's license in this country, and to keep it - I'm glad I didn't have to pay the costs required, and spend the large amounts of time needed, for obtaining a driver's license in European countries, but I would GLADLY accept that, if it would make people take their driving more seriously.
I wish, that EVERY driver would say to themself EVERY time they start their car, "I could kill someone today, if I make a mistake while driving"....The damage one can do with a motor vehicle has got to be respected!!

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but the accident I experienced was just one that I was unable to avoid, I could not possibly count the times that I could have died, or been seriously injured were it not for me anticipating and expecting a driver to pull some douchebag move.
This is exactly how I feel and exactly what I think about every time I get behind the wheel. I'm 20, so most of my similarly aged friends don't see it as strongly as I do. Last time someone who was driving a car I was in tried to pull out their phone and text, I slapped it out their hand and held onto it for the remainder of the trip. Nice bike btw, your statement just rubbed me the right way

Old 05-15-2012, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Ls1Mx5
Nice bike btw, your statement just rubbed me the right way
Thanks, and about my statment, I'm glad it struck a chord - I'm just sayin' what most bikers are thinking, I just wish I could get this message to all the drivers of the world, cuz, like I said before "I'm preachin' to the choir" - WE all know this already!!

Old 05-18-2012, 09:47 AM

The right side rotor arrived last night, and I got them installed, along with the necessary caliper relocation brackets, and the EBC HH sintered pads.
One thing that irritated me about the bracket situation, is that they only supplied 4 bolts and washers when you will need a total of 8 for the installation - now, it's no biggie, I just use the original 4 mounting bolts as well, right? Well, yes, but due to the fact that the surface of the bracket is much slimmer than the bosses on the fork sliders, the end of the bolts would stick out past the OEM caliper brackets by almost 1/2 an inch, which would put them THROUGH the rotors!!
Now this is not a real big deal, I just shortened the bolts, but I wasn't thrilled about having to add all the bolt-grinding and thread-cleaning time to the job, I feel like the necessary hardware should have been included.
Anyway, here's a shot of the rotors mounted, loc tite'd, and torqued to the rim:

Everything is mounted, I took it for a test ride, and rode it to work today. I couldn't get any full pics, due to the fact that I was working after dark - I'll get pics of the new setup after work, and post them tonight.

Old 05-19-2012, 01:04 AM

It's Christmas time up in h'yah...let's gather around the fire, shall we?

Call me wierd, but sometimes, I like to hold off, and order a lot of things I need, all at once, so that it seems like there's a week where a new package comes every day - this is a bunch of stuff I've gotten in this week, in addition to the brake components I already received in the first half of the week.
I'm very anxious to wear the new jacket - I purposely bought it a size down from my current Honda-labeled Joe Rocket jacket, since I've needed to shrink a little - I need to lose just a few more pounds, in order for it to fit comfortably, and just a little more than that, to be able to fit my leathers well...I'm on my way there fast!!
I love this jacket - it looks good, and I got a sweet deal on it.

If you've been paying close attention to this thread, AND happened to notice that in this "fireside" pic, there is a set of swingarm spools there, you might be thinking "I thought he did that already?!?" Well...I did, but I pulled a true IDIOT move, and forgot to use Loctite on the threads, resulting in one of the spools vibrating loose, and going MIA on me ...I installed the new ones, which are a little bit different, and will just use the remaining previously purchased spool as a spare. On the bright side - better this happened now, and not later, on the track, where it could have posed a hazard to another rider...I CANNOT believe I forgot to use Loctite with those!

The Held Titan racing gloves are INCREDIBLE!! They look good, are very comfortable, and have AMAZING safety features.

Old 05-20-2012, 06:33 PM

I forgot, Friday, to post a pic of the new braking components, installed and ready to go, so, here they are.

A close-up:

Old 05-21-2012, 01:30 PM

looks great. what pads are you running?

Old 05-21-2012, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by 313racing
looks great. what pads are you running?
Thanks...pads are EBC HH Sintered.

Old 05-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Registered Users

good looking bike! nice work

V

Old 05-21-2012, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Gabriel Fernandez
good looking bike! nice work

V
Thanks! Good look with your project, by the way. I have some items up for sale, with more being added soon - gotta make some more money to be ready for my first track event this season - if there's something I've got that you need, let me know!

Quick Reply: '93 F2 Mods - Phase 1