CBR 600F 1987 - 1990 CBR 600F Forum

keeps dying.

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered Users
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default keeps dying.

hey guys,
I am having issues with my bike not wanting to stay in the land of the living. When I am out riding probably a good 15 or 20 minutes ill pull up to a stoplight and my bike will just die on me. I have a newer battery (gel battery new in November last year), and my bike will just stutter and die. Push the start button and sometimes it starts back up and other times ill have to pull over and give it a running start. If i jump it, it will stay running for 15 or 20 more minutes and die again. Weird thing is if i just let it sit for about 30 minutes and walk back out and try and start my bike, it starts right back up. I recently replaced my R/R so i know it should be good, I'm wondering if it could be the stator. I have another one on hand and im curious to see if i put this one on if ill still have the same issues. Secondly, I'm about to deploy to Afghanistan, wont be along one (less thatn 90 days) and I'm wondering if i should go ahead and winterize it now or just let it sit with the batter out. If i do winterize it, is there a specific type of stands for the front and rear that I should look at getting for it? I am also getting a weird noise from my bike too, when I get on the gas and im in a higher gear about 5k on the RPM's i hear a rashing noise. Almost like a whirrlying sound, that isnt normal. My exhaust sounds like crap and the whirring noise gets worse. I'll shift gears and my exhaust is really quiet. Oh! one final question. I am having issues with my rear lights, my right side stays on constantly, and so does the indicator on the dash. Have i blown something or just hooked the wiring up wrong. Darn thing still blinks it just is always on. Sorry I know i always have a ton of questions, as always I appreciate your expertise!