CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

emptied the gas tank to get it ready to fix the vent tube and paint it tomorrow. finished reassembling the cut off switch after i had to move it over slightly to fit my kill switch teather (had to redrill the hole for the switch so it doesn't go anywhere over slightly). took off the NOT waterproof cigarette lighter in order to reuse the wiring for my wideband (and possibly add another 12v outlet later on). took off the carbs to make sure all the clamps were facing the right direction to easily take them on and off for when i start tuning.

the mounting ring for my wideband should be in tomorrow from summit so that'll get mounted tomorrow evening. the bike should be up and running this weekend sometime if i catch enough time on sunday since i have a wedding to be at on saturday. videos and pictures to come.

Old 06-03-2010, 10:44 PM
Administrator, MVN / ROTM NOV 2012
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cool Bio .......look forward to seeing this fire breathing unfiltered ....roaring beast

Old 06-03-2010, 10:54 PM

On my son's 90, we removed the VFR riser bars and put the factory bars back on, with new polished bar ends/weights/gizmos. Adjusted the shifter and brake pedals down for comfort. Removed the phony carbon fiber from the gas cap and goo-gone'd it. Checked out the feel. Huge improvement in control. Stock bar height is totally fine. Painted an EZ tag (for tollways) so it can stick under the windscreen and be invisible. We had fun.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:40 AM

Took my bike to get inspected two weeks ago. The inspector came out and told me it passed and the sticker was on. He said "I'll push it out front so you can get it after you pay the bill". 5 minutes later he came out with no bike. The front wheel had locked up when he tried to push it. He scraped off the sticker and told me not to ride it home. :-(

In the parking lot I removed the right side caliper and the wheel spun freely. I forced the pistons back in their bores and rode home using only the rear brake. The master cylinder was full of sludge and nasty looking fluid. I bought enough caliper seals to rebuild both front calipers. While disassembling the right front, one piston would not come out with air. I had to use the vise-grips to get it out, destroying the surface of course. By that time it was too late to get the part before the holiday weekend.

Finally got the new piston last night, installed the rebuilt calipers, and bled everything. I also had to re-tighten the steering stem bearings. They had loosened up some after I replaced them. Hope they stay tight this time. Saturday morning I'm off to the inspection station. WooHoo!

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM

what's up with you guys and inspection? is that a state requirement? i dont need to get anything inspected in WI, just register it and ride.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:03 PM

Yes. State inspection sticker required annually for "safety". Just another way to create a regulation compliance industry and more fees/income for the state. It's for our own good.

Old 06-04-2010, 12:38 PM
Senior Member & 2010 ROTY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed no shiny Levers today

Attached Thumbnails What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?-002.jpg  
Old 06-04-2010, 01:20 PM

Man, you are LOOKING for stuff to fix, aren't ya?

So hear this, getting ready for the big triple ride so decided to check tire pressures (for a change). Four tires: 19, 14, 21, 19 psi. Max for each tire is 42.

Gee I was THINKING they were feeling a little wallowy. FARK ME!!!

Old 06-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by Bio248
what's up with you guys and inspection? is that a state requirement? i dont need to get anything inspected in WI, just register it and ride.
That's because you guys only have a riding season of a week and a half.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:14 PM

yup, that's it right there. you win. if my bike was running i'd have been out for a month and a half already. usually i'd ride from like april until october so long as it's warm enough. im a fair weather rider.

Quick Reply: What have you done to your CBR 1000f today?