CBR 1000F "Hurricane" 1987-1996 CBR 1000F

Crashed my 94' 1k! :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crashed my 94' 1k! :(

Me and my roomate decided to go out for a ride right after the rain came down hard (well bout an hr after) well i hate to say it but i crashed her. Hit a dam* pot hole and ended up coming out ok but hit the yellow line on the road and it was slick as h*ll. Well the back tire shot out from under the bike and fishtaled. (got on the gas a little to early) but after years of racing dirt bikes and crashing many times i was quick to think. If i didnt the bike would of flipped a couple times but i pulled the bike down and let it slide (rather that then flip and total the whole thing) with me. She stayed down but the whole right side is completly junk so now i need to look for some new farings so i write this to see if anyone has any for a 1994 1k that they are getting rit of or selling. Even after all this and my quick thinking she still starts up on one touch of the button but i wont be riding till i know all the mechanical parts are fine. But if anyone can help with farings for the right side from the blinker to the side panel by the foot peg.

And i figure i post this to see what kind of crashes people have been in, I know im not the only one out there that has crashed. Post it, id like to read about it.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Default RE: Crashed my 94' 1k! :(

I crashed in a somewhat similar fashion on my CBR. But I was stupid and took the bike out when it was below freezing with black ice all over the place. I take it the right side lower and upper are gone, the crash bumper and plastic, and the hockey puck covering the ignition pickup (make sure the cage that holds the puck over the cover is still straight). If the upper fairing was hit, I would take the whole upper fairing (with the headlight) off and make sure the cage wasn't twisted.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 PM

I crashed my 88 last year, just got it running and was cruising down a 2 lane at 70mph when the dude in front of me slammed on the brakes, I did too, but the tires on the bike were ****, it locked up the front and the back started hopping, bucked me right off (inexperience). I rolled down the highway, don't know what the bike was doing but it was f'ed up pretty bad. I think it flipped, slid, hit a garbage can, took out a mailbox, ended up in a ditch. Bent the tail on the frame, destroyed the upper cowl, gas tank, tail section, seat, grab bar, one clip-on, one peg, and exhaust. Some dude came the next day and tried to steal the bike, but the lady that lived in the where I crashed told him she was calling the cops. So he stole my seat. @sshole. Anyway, I fixed it and have ridden it 7k miles since. Takes a lickin', keeps on tickin'.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:51 PM

Yeah she didnt get to messed up just destroyed the plastics and the peg.. And she was draining oil real bad from where i dont know but she still starts up no clicking and stong as ever. but i would like to get her fixed by saturday so i can go riding with everyone again. Yah if your a true rideryou will take your spills but want to go riding the next day. I want to go riding NOW lol!!!

Old 07-19-2007, 10:07 PM

The oil is most likely coming from the ignition cover (what the hockey puck covers). Same thing happened on my second (third?) accident. The bike didn't slide far, but it was whipped down fast enough to crack the cover without destoying the puck.

This is what my bike looked like after my crash in '04

[IMG]local://upfiles/5414/1060826A2977401ABFEBE8D8648706AD.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2007, 02:22 PM

Yeah thats how mine looks well kinda if you check out like my profile you can see how the farings are set up i have a grill type thing in place of that white slider peice that you have on your bike i just took of the cover and shes cracked all the way in like 30 parts and then the brake lever and peg are cracked (well the cast alluminum part of it) and my farings are all scratched to ****, im going to a motorcycle grave yard here in a little bit hopefully i can find what i need if not do you have any ideas where i can get this for my bike?

Old 07-20-2007, 03:51 PM

It's a very long shot, but you might try Jack's Cycle Salvage in Sanford, FL. They can look up in their system if they have what you need.

Also check here and start reading through the links http://www.bikebandit.com/resources1/

Old 07-20-2007, 05:36 PM

Yeah with the ignition cover do you really need the oval protection or can you just put a plate over it to keep the oil from leaking out. I dont see why not, i mean it is only there to hold oil but with the case cover it gives it more room for the oil o sit in you think i could get away with that just till the case cover comes in the mail?

Old 07-20-2007, 07:08 PM

When you remove the oval cover, the gasket will probably tear itself up and then you'll have a sealing issue. I don't know how far out the pickup coil comes out into that oval cover.

Old 07-21-2007, 12:07 PM

Sorry to hear about the crack-up. Hope all comes out by the weekend.

Patrick

P.S. Glad to hear you are ok.